Sign in to follow this  
dean2

air flow meter obsolete!!!!!!!

hopin someone can help my vr6 has been runnin really rough as late and had it scanned and came back with air flow meter fault and speed sensor!speed sensor is not a problem however the flow meter for my l reg abv engine is apparently no longer made or supplied by vw i find this realy anoying i thought they were still supposed to supply parts for cars for at least 20 yrs!!anyway was wondering if the newer flow meter from n reg upwards would work on my vr or could i take 1 off a golf vr really struggling to find one if anyone could point me in the rite direction would be well appreciated!also the simptoms of the car when running is a loss of revs and kangerooing no power then it jolts out of it!would the air flow meter cause these problems or could it be fuel related ie somthing that dont show up on the scan!iv only had the car a week so am new to this car cheers!

not sure about those air meters - but before changing speed sensor that error might come up when the car isn't running - even if the sensor is working.

Also VW guarantee parts for 10 years - but normaly makes them longer - at least if it's a demand for them (one good reason for buying from the stealers :) )

Just a thought, what petrol do you use? As these engines are designed to run on super. Before I knew this, I used regular and it ran rubbish. Stalling, bad idle, jolting etc. As soon as I changed to using just super unleaded, its ran like a dream, none of the above stuff happened any more.

Maybe...

btw, you might want to clean that MAF sensor.

If you remove it from the car and spray plenty of "start gas" on it to clean off "tar" etc......it might work better :)

Also remember when you have had ignition on and/or turned the car off don't put ignition on again before roughly 15 seconds as the MAF burns of contamination by getting heated up during those 15 seconds.