Sign in to follow this  
mikkijayne

Syncro conversion using a mk2 boot floor

Hi everyone,

Well I'm surprised how few threads on syncro conversions the search returns :shrug:

Anyway, I'm looking for first-hand info from anyone who has cut the floor out of a mk2 syncro and grafted in to the Corrado please. I've seen the Passat donor thread on CCC, and also PhatVR6s thread using a new floor, but I can't find anything about using a 2nd hand mk2 floor.

The specific problem seems to be that the Corrado rear chassis legs are closer together than the Golf ones, so the extracted floor panel won't fit in the space :confused4: Is there something obvious I'm missing, or something extra that needs to be cut off the donor?

I hear that the rallye rear floor pan is being sold by the dealer again

The only problem is that the corrado rear panel is more rounded than the golf and the boot catch strengthening pillar gets in the way too.

The chassis legs are the same distace apart, dunno where you got that info from but it's not correct.

The chassis legs are the same distace apart, dunno where you got that info from but it's not correct.

From trying to fit the Golf floor in! There is a good half inch difference between the top part of the Golf legs and the Corrado ones - where the Golf legs are extended upwards to meet the higher floor.

I don't get it because I've never seen any mention of this before in any other conversions, but all the detailed reports I've found are for either the Passat floor or the brand new Rallye one.

I'll try and get some pictures to show what I'm talking about. I suspect I'm probably missing something obvious :roll:

Weird! They can't be, the cross member I used was 2nd hand and they're all the same and that fitted. You must have cut too much off your chassis legs. Any pics? There's no underseal on mine now so I can get you any pics and dims you need.

We haven't cut anything off the legs yet - just the boot floor panel. The crossmember won't even fit between the Corrado legs :?

I'll try and get some pics in the next day or two so you can see what I'm talking about and point out whatever it is we're missing :D