Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Atlantis Blue 328i Sport - some fresh pictures

After having the car for a few weeks now have made some purchases and some decisions

Simota induction kit bought and a nice stainless steel front strut brace is in the garage awaiting a good polishing.

Interior is being stripped out, door cards being re-trimmed in dove grey nappa leather with Atlantis Blue stitching. All seats and headrests will also be re-trimmed in dove grey nappa with oE Atlantis Blue piping

Paintwork wise it was soul destroying going round and unearthing every tiny mark, scratch and imperfection. Off with the car and fault list to a local bodyshop to discuss what needs to be done, decided on drivers side front wing, drivers door, drivers side rear quarter panel, rear bumper, bootlid and passenger door. Fortumately one one tiny little rust spot and one ding need doing, rest of car is 100% straight. Owner of the bodyshop want s the car for up to 3 weeks to ensure a top notch job and is in no doubt that I want a good job nad not a cheap, quick one :D

Want it to look as close to showrom fresh as possible - last owner spent a fortune on the mechanicals, I want the interior and bodywork to be to the same level

Now at least it is properly clean and has a nice shine after 3 coats of Glasur and black trim treated to ValetPro Dionysus

Managed to secure four newly refurbished 8.5" x 17" BBS splits, satin silver centres and polished lips - love the fact theres no scene tax on BMW fitment BBS - £270 all in

Work is now underway at last

Stripped out all door cards, armrest, head rests and front and seats and took them to the trimmers. Got a great deal on a re-trim in light grey leather, double stitched in blue, embroidered BMW logos in grey on headrests, door cards re-connolised and re-fitting for £1050 - seen their week and its excellent.

Bodyshop time is booked for w/c 2nd August, not going down the full re-spray route, I only wanted the problem areas fixed and bodyshop have assured me that a perfect match is achievable - I'll be holding them to their word.

Next thing on the list is to get the BBS splits fitted and a 325i inlet manifold / big bore throttle body conversion

Some fresh pics after a couple of days of re-assembly.

Car has been in for some paintwork to sort out 12 years worth of scratches and scuffs, interior re-trimmed, BBS splits to accompany the Hartge rims.

Yesterday was a deep clean of the interior thanks to 3 weeks worth of bodyshop dust, a thorough cleaning of floorpan and arches, made easy by BH Surfex and a wash and wipedown, desperate to do the paintwork but want to leave the paint to harden off for a couple more weeks

I don't think she looks too bad for a 12 year old 117k

Managed to get some time this weekend to spend on the paintwork - few swirls removed, Zaino Z2 Pro polish ready for its new wax this week (hopefully) - looked clean enough after just the polish to find somewhere to get a few pictures, I'm pleased how its progressing

This is such a nice car, an E36 in that sort of condition is so rare to see these days! It looks so classy, something I thought I'd never say of the E36 given it's current rep but that is a car to be proud of. Well done mate :wink:

looking very nice 8) and yeh its amazing the price you pay for some BMW parts as there is no ed38 scene tax to pay, i'm currently in the process of purchasing a full red heated/full electric front and rear seats for my 540 and the price for everything including the doorcards is only £500 and they are mint :shock: try doing that with a corrado leather interior.

oh yeh how you finding the simota induction kit??

karl

Shaun, Karl - thanks for the comments.

The rims I just kind of fell on, newly refurbished BMW stamped BBS splits, 8.5"x17" - £250, just waiting ona set of M Sport staggered "Contours" to arrive, swapped them for the Hartges that i have never really liked

The Simota is fine, to be honest not noticed any additional induction noise or performance but again it was a bargain at £50

Started to look at getting another 328i Sport - really nice, straight coupes can be had for £2k, this one is too nice to mess with but fancy getting one and stripping it out, making it a reasonable track car and fun weekend car