Sign in to follow this  
Rob2901

Corrado TDi?????

my mate is putting a tdi in a mk1 golf and its quick, he got a mk3 golf which failed its mot for £200. im just looking for a mk3 golf tdi to convert my corrado i love the torque power :clap:

Hi folks,

A touch of thread necromancy but hey ho.

I looked at doing this a few years ago, but went down the Honda integra restoration route.

Now that's finished, and i am selling the teg soon, i keep coming back to the corrado as i loved my old 8v conversion as it pulled all day at low revs.

However as i do about 45 miles a day atm, i am looking at a diesel, and my old man is up for trying the conversion.

However i am finding it really hard to get concrete info on what is needed to do the conversion.

I know i can put in any engine pretty much with fabrication, i am looking to use the original engine mounts, and not have to mess about with the wiring as much as possible.

From what i have learned, the best bet is a MK3 diesel golf, however other than the engine, i don't know what i need froma donor, some say i need the pedal box, some say i need to swap the clocks etc, and even run 2 ecu's at once.

Dos anyone have a good thread on this or any other forum about doing this with a mk3 diesel motor, i had one before when a girl on either this forum or another did this, but its been lost in the mire of the net.

I know the mk3 diesel is a bit lackluster on power but i have been told i could up it to about 120bhp with a few choice mods without spending crazy money, and a 120 bhp, big ftlb figure corrado, giving 45mpg+ appeals to me.

all help directed to me would be very much appreciated.

Cheers folks.

this thread should be locked, you lot disgust me!

if you want a diesel buy a cheap diesel, dont sacrifice a perfectly good corrado!!! if your gonna be spending upwards of a thousand doing it then then just buy a cheap mk3 golf tdi....and keep the rado!?

Or spend just over a grand converting to LPG keeping the (in my case) VR6 noise, power and refinement with the running costs of a diesel.

Oh, and it's done in a day, so virtually no downtime :)

this thread should be locked, you lot disgust me!

if you want a diesel buy a cheap diesel, dont sacrifice a perfectly good corrado!!! if your gonna be spending upwards of a thousand doing it then then just buy a cheap mk3 golf tdi....and keep the rado!?

im now looking into doing this......

I have an old g60 shell sat round the back of my mates that i purchased to do this to it..It's been hit hard in the sill, and needs body repair down the offside, but as i work in a bodyshop, this isnt a problem. I have spoken to supercharged, and am awaiting a few bits of info from him...

Also, incidently, i have a mk3 golf TDI, and its for sale, as soon as it sells, im gonna buy me a written off mk4 golf gt tdi, and get going. Now i've read this thoguh, i perhaps feel, i should just break the mk3, and put the engine in mine, with new injector nozzle's, a new turbo, and a remap? Only reason im thinkin this is because i've had the mk3 over a year, and it does indeed return over 60mpg (even had 65 with the missus driving it daily for about 6months.) and thats a proven 65, worked out on fuel used, and miles covered.....

I know the mk4 engine uses all different engine mounts, but these can be converted, im sure the block may well even have the mounts on it, that just need to be drilled / tapped out to mount mk3 style/corrado mounts onto, though im not sure, as i havent looked that much yet. Failing this, just weld in mk4 style mounts onto the C chassis legs, The onyl problem i can see is the 6spd gearbox mount, as this is totally diff from the C mounting system.

Wiring again could be an issue, but anything can be achieved with the right amount of time, and diagrams.

I just LOVE corrado's, and i know if i had a TDi one, i'd be well chuffed, and it'd be mine forever. I've wanted one ever since i saw supercharged's one at a local meet a few years back. I also have a VR6, so if i need the noise, i'll go out in that :-)