Abdul

Wheels poke on one side more than the other?

Seen a few Corrados with this symptom..... even one that was fresh off Stealth's Biessbarth alignment rig, so we know that side of it was correct. Dunno what causes it. Build discrepencies at the factory? Accident damage? I know on mine the rear seems to have this problem. Passenger side catches, driver's side doesn't and yep, the axle is straight and the bushes are pressed in to the correct depth.

Weird... but nothing about a Corrado is straight forward!

Seen a few Corrados with this symptom..... even one that was fresh off Stealth's Biessbarth alignment rig, so we know that side of it was correct. Dunno what causes it. Build discrepencies at the factory? Accident damage? I know on mine the rear seems to have this problem. Passenger side catches, driver's side doesn't and yep, the axle is straight and the bushes are pressed in to the correct depth.

Weird... but nothing about a Corrado is straight forward!

LOL thats what im thinking, i had the car up on the ramps 2-3 months ago aswell as the allignment done! Everythng was straight then and its done about 100 miles since!

Thing is i never noticed the poke issue untill i got the brocks on, always knew one side poked a bit more than the other but thought nothing of it untill i decided to check properly the other day and i just thought wtf 10mms quite alot!

How does it handle? If driving in a straight line does it pull to one side when braking hard? Maybe the geomatry is ok with the steering/suspension but the bumper is out by 10mm. Sometimes, looking dead on at the front of mine, the nearside wheel looks as though its slightly out but its very stable on the road. However my bumper dosn't line up with both arches so its difficult for me to come to a proper conclusion just using sight alone.

Drives spot on tbh, hard braking from 140 (once i promise) and it stayed dead straight, handles like a dream too considering the ride height and the 9j wheels lol.

Mine is the same as kevs, catches on the nearside and not the offside rear

Mines also the same as kev n rob bs, I was planning on loosening the rear axles to see if I could shuffle it over alittle, I know last time I fitted a subframe there was a fair but if play around the bolts and you should be able to get away with loosening the bolts and moving the subframe across, don't expect it to be easy with an engine sat on it,

surely rather than milling 10 mm off the back of the alloy it would be easier just to run a 10mm spacer on the other side to match it up...?

Wont affect any future sale of the alloys either.

surely rather than milling 10 mm off the back of the alloy it would be easier just to run a 10mm spacer on the other side to match it up...?

Wont affect any future sale of the alloys either.

when your wheels already poke by 1cm spacing isnt an option lol.

I take it this is a universal rado problem then?

could a be a bit of paranoia.....i only say this cause i used to have a mate who everytime i got in the car with him he would say he could hear squeeks and rattles, i couldnt hear a thing...this went on for ages and i think after a while he was hearing things in his head :lol:

sometimes when you focus on something so much it starts playing tricks on your mind....get some photos up and let the jury decide :lol:

could a be a bit of paranoia.....i only say this cause i used to have a mate who everytime i got in the car with him he would say he could hear squeeks and rattles, i couldnt hear a thing...this went on for ages and i think after a while he was hearing things in his head :lol:

sometimes when you focus on something so much it starts playing tricks on your mind....get some photos up and let the jury decide :lol:

Mines sold now but i can get pics up if u want. Its only ever noticable if ur wheels are pokey. I literally had 10mm more poke on the passenger side.

Bit of a resurrection but now my stupid storm has this same problem again.

Exactly the frickin same! 8-10mm more poke up front on the passenger side.

This is p*ssin me right off.

Any more ideas why it could happen up front? Camber and alignment are near spot on. I'm going to get it on some ramps next weekend, if I can't find the issue I'm going to space the drivers side out 5mm.

I await the telling off lol.

---------- Post added at 2:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:56 AM ----------

I just had a look outside lol. More like 7-8mm pokier but still you get the idea.

Pics tommorow.

And yes I have late wings on both sides with the same tyres with the same offsets with the same bolts etc lol.

Cheers :)

When I took my wings off, one side had a spacer for the wing, the other side was missing. Dunno if this means the wing sticks out further.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk