Sign in to follow this  
fla

replacing rad fan switch on a VR

Is there an easy way to replace the rad fan switch? Its easy enough of course when teh radiator is out, but how do you do it in situ? My fans dont come on on speed 1 and the fan run-on is also hence not working. Just dismantled the fan controller, one relay had slightly blackened contacts, which i clenaed up and sprayed with contact cleaner, but it hasnt solved the problem. So its only the rad switch that can be the issue, i presume?

I managed to just get the socket in there and a wrench and change it over. I didnt even lose that much coolant. I had to buy a special socket from GSF to fit over the switch in case you havent got one. Make sure they supply you with the right switch if you get it from GSF too as I had to go back as they gave me the wrong one the first time.

yeh its a bit cramped, i removed the battery for a bit more room and simply used a spanner to undo.

removing the battery helped, managed to get a 30mm socket on it. Having teh aircon pipes there doenst help though. Run-on fan is still not working so must be some other issue. Anyone got a working fan control module for sale?