Sign in to follow this  
fla

which colour alcantara?

My car has a cream leather interior with all cream plastics etc. I want to re-cover the roof liner in alcantara, plus all the plastics but i'm not sure about colour combinations. I was thinking cream roof, with dark chocolate brown trims, or just keep it simple and do it all in cream. Perhaps the centre sunnel in dark brown as the kids will scuff the cream senseless. Ideas and suggestions please. Thanks

Dark brown or black but the brown'll have to be very nice or it'll look crap!

its a company called Fabircaz - its cheap but then perhaps so is the product quality. Need to investiagte further.

its a company called Fabircaz - its cheap but then perhaps so is the product quality. Need to investiagte further.
I had samples off them. Pretty thin stuff. Definitely not the best but then, like everything, you tend to get what you pay for. Probably fine for roof lining as you don't really notice it but would look a bit iffy on the rest.

I got some other samples from some shop that were much better... will check when I get home and post the details up. Awaiting about 2 more from different sources as well so will do the same for them.

All are faux suede though and not alcantara.

I had samples off them. Pretty thin stuff. Definitely not the best but then, like everything, you tend to get what you pay for. Probably fine for roof lining as you don't really notice it but would look a bit iffy on the rest.

I got some other samples from some shop that were much better... will check when I get home and post the details up. Awaiting about 2 more from different sources as well so will do the same for them.

whats the diffrence between faux suede and alcantara?

I was thinking perhaps teh thinner material would be easier to work wih, with a bit of stretch, so you dont have to stitch pieces together - i'm trying to avoid stitching as i dont have a clue as to the shapes to cut. I'd be interested in your comments about the other samples and contact details.

whats the diffrence between faux suede and alcantara?
Well I suppose it kind of is in a way but alcantara is a brand and material in it's own right as far as I'm aware... pretty sure alcantara is the brand name for the material and there aren't different manufacturers of it. Loads of fabric manufacturers make faux suede... some are better than others.