Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

Brake juddering

Im getting a fair amount of brake juddering through the steering wheel when travelling at 60ish+, if braking hard it doesn't seem to be as bad

I've put some new wheels on recently, 16x7's, before was 15x6.5's. There is also 13mm spacers on the fronts to clear the brakes. The car is pulling to the left very noticeably, moreso driving than when braking, so obviously the tracking is pretty out, which im gonna get sorted.

The wheels have been on the car 2 weeks now (But i've only driven it 3 times since then!!), so Im wondering if the tracking being slightly out could cause the juddering? Sound familiar to anyone, or more likely to be a problem with the spacers?

Are they hub centric spacers and are the wheels the faggot ring variety, or bored to 57.1mm?

Warped discs can shake the steering wheel too :D As can wheel weights that have fallen off!

Are they hub centric spacers and are the wheels the faggot ring variety, or bored to 57.1mm?

Warped discs can shake the steering wheel too :D As can wheel weights that have fallen off!

Aye they're hub centrics, and they do have faggot rings on :lol:

Yeh I had warped discs on my 1st car and replaced em which sorted it, just this didn't happen before the new wheels, and the discs (all round) have probably less than 1000 miles on them, aren't VAG items but Brembo's from GSF...

Yeh I'll have a look for any 'empty patches' where weights may have been, but with the tracking out maybe get that sorted 1st (as it definately needs it lol), then move onto balancing? The car wouldn't pull to the left with incorrect balancing/warped discs would it?

I too am getting juddering under heavy braking and it feels like the ABS is kicking in too early.

The previous owner threw on some lowering springs but i'm not too sure if that itself would alter how the ABS works.

Anyone know more about this?