Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Electric window

Hi

My driver side electric window broke a month or so back. One of the plastic cogs in the mechanism lost all its teeth!

I have found a mecahnism for sale, but only the whole thing (looped cable with 2 cogs at each end), but its like £180!

Does the Corrado share the same mechanism as any other cars, Golf maybe?

Anyone know if there are any places that sell the mechanism cheap? If the Corrado shares te same mechanism with a Golf or similar, then I'll nip down the breakers yard and see if I can get one cheap.

Cheers

no don't think it is the same as any others, although some of the bits may be similar, I got left and right mechs from autojumble at GTI international a couple of years ago for 45 quid for both! I'd say look for second hand comple corrado items.

David.

Hi

My driver side electric window broke a month or so back. One of the plastic cogs in the mechanism lost all its teeth!

I have found a mecahnism for sale, but only the whole thing (looped cable with 2 cogs at each end), but its like £180!

Does the Corrado share the same mechanism as any other cars, Golf maybe?

Anyone know if there are any places that sell the mechanism cheap? If the Corrado shares te same mechanism with a Golf or similar, then I'll nip down the breakers yard and see if I can get one cheap.

Cheers

As Dave says, the mechs are unique to the Corrado.

I had my passenger one fail last year. Coincidently my mate's drivers side failed the same week.

Had a hunt round the various VW Classified sites and found a guy breaking a G60.

Both mechs £80.

Be prepared for fitting though, major nightmare job!!! :mad: