Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Koni coilover questions

Alright, over the coming few weeks i'm going to be fitting my koni coilies, couple of questions (as they are used ones)

Does any one know which are the front/rear springs? 2 are about 10mm taller than the other 2, taller ones have 'Koni 2220 1245 HA' on them, shorter 2 have 'Koni 2220 1244 VA' stamped on them.

Secondly am i missing some nut or something off the coilover? The strut is fully decompressed like this,

S4020358.JPG[/attachment:1o3iq5gq]

When i come to fit it i'll pull the strut out place the spring over it and the top cap, bearing, top mount, then its all held in place by a nut before going onto the car. Where do i get this nut from people?

Thanks

Adam

the taller ones are the rear springs, if i was you i would fit new top mounts while your there, and yeh there should be a nut on each top of the strut, no biggie if there not there as they are easily sourced.

give me a shout if you need a hand fitting them as i have done it a few times.

i'm guessing VA will be for the front and HA for the rear - in german Vor is front and Hinter is rear. Just a thought?

the taller ones are the rear springs, if i was you i would fit new top mounts while your there, and yeh there should be a nut on each top of the strut, no biggie if there not there as they are easily sourced.

give me a shout if you need a hand fitting them as i have done it a few times.

Yep will be fitting new mounts and bearings too, might take you up on that offer Karl. Another pair of hands is always better, could even drive down to yours to make it easier? Heater Matrix to do first as that exploded last week while driving!

AJ

i'm guessing VA will be for the front and HA for the rear - in german Vor is front and Hinter is rear. Just a thought?

Someone was listening in German! Ta bud

Adam

Well if your car is currently on standard suspension the nut should already be there. If it isn't you shouldn't be driving the car!

But seriously if all else fails, go to VW. They won't be expensive.

No not the top nut mate, it's the nut that sits on top of the top mount and bearing before fitting on the car (how many tops!)

AJ