Sign in to follow this  
Hatton VR6

Spraying Help

Hi,

I have a couple of spots to paint on the nearside front wing to paint. I have never painted a panel wherea laquer has been used over a base colour. (I have done a reasonable amount of spraying of minis with colour over primer).

Can I rub an area down with wet n dry, prime, paint and the laquer on the patch that needs painting. Over the patch that I rub down I will get to bare metal at the centre with rubbed down paint and laquer at the edges can I prime the bare metal then can I over spray the the rubbed down laquer with paint and laquer?

Please could someone advise on the process for spraying parts on panels when painted with clear over base.

this is best left to the proffesional painter tbh . if you do it remember you will need etchin coat before primer ,i think thats what its called it stops contamination , [if you have gone back to bare metal] . when i had me c repainted it went back to bare metal on alot of panels , you cannot leave bare metal overnight without treatin as it will be contaminated before you prime thus cockin up your paint job. but as said if it was me i would leave well alone and let the bodyshop do what they do best .