Sign in to follow this  
Tattie

Slider type heater controls

Hi folks,

just tried to fix one of my niggling little faults. Basically the slider for the 'air direction' is playing up and I cannot get it directed through the facia vents i.e. 'face' postion.

By removing passenger side shelf you can get at the relevant cogs and cables - only 2 on the slider types - 1 for temp and 1 for direction. I managed to set up the cogs / cables to the correct position but they still keep jumping. Tried moving bowden cables about, cogs in different locations but no joy. Just too much flex in the 'base plate' in which the cogs fit - either that or the cogs are past their best.

Any hints or tips?

or does It look like I'm going to have to replace the whole shabang?

so the next question is, Is the corrado a one off or do the MK 2 golf cogs fit?

Last time I had my head under the dash it looked very similar to the mk2 setup, probably identical....

Can you not stiffen up the baseplate with some epoxy resin? Gotta be an easier way than replacing it!

andy

ive got the same problem with mine its the bottom cog it twists and jumps a tooth or two,i think the only solution is to get a new bottom peice, but if anybody knows different. :?: :?: :?:

i have the same problem, except I have a mk2 to hand which I'm about to butcher. If no one else lets us know before, then I will tell you in the next week or so.

Looked through the Bentley manual there are three control wires on the early types. You can see two of them from passenger footwell, the other from drivers footwell. It is the one on the drivers side which is playing up by sticking or not sync-ing correctly