Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Will different power filters give different sounds in the VR

I kinda think my Vr6 Corrado sound "tame" compared to my Passat VR6 - which have a much powerfull "voice"......can this be caused by different power filters???

The Passat have more of a "roar" to it - and if one floor it - people *will* turn their heads :)

a BMC has a nice throaty induction sound. bit pricey though.

Not sure what the C have (can't rememeber) I thin it's called JR or JB or similar - the Passat I think have a K&N and realy love the sound of that, but might hvae to check out BMC though,

Do they do kits with a heat screen ??

no, but it comes with some cold air ducting pipe. i didn't bother using it, i figured that as soon as you start moving the colder outside air will be forced into the engine bay as normal.

k&n will deffo change the sound for a cheap alternative, which is probably why your passat sounds better. you could always just swap the filter over from the passat. :wink:

no, but it comes with some cold air ducting pipe. i didn't bother using it, i figured that as soon as you start moving the colder outside air will be forced into the engine bay as normal.

k&n will deffo change the sound for a cheap alternative, which is probably why your passat sounds better. you could always just swap the filter over from the passat. :wink:

So true - will try it as the Passat have now been designated as a Corrado Support vehicle for the winter season ;)

Off topic but I've been wondering...is your user name pronounced as its written in English, or is the 'w' hard, making it Mavrick (maverick)?

Off topic but I've been wondering...is your user name pronounced as its written in English, or is the 'w' hard, making it Mavrick (maverick)?

I'v actually just used since very young - and in the beginning it was meant to be the same a "Maverick" - in "norwegian" it would almost be pronounced the same - so I stuck with it :) (supposed to be much like "maverick" :) )

No, thank you for answering so quickly! Its actually been bugging me for quite a while. I can now go to sleep a happy man, I'm drunk and my head is writing cheques my body can't cash. :lol:

mav4.jpg[/attachment:1pp4ynhp]

sorry, but you must have realised you couldn't get away with that name. i'm sure you've heard the comparison a million times before but here's one more.

No, thank you for answering so quickly! Its actually been bugging me for quite a while. I can now go to sleep a happy man, I'm drunk and my head is writing cheques my body can't cash. :lol:

mav4.jpg[/attachment:217bqmjp]

sorry, but you must have realised you couldn't get away with that name. i'm sure you've heard the comparison a million times before but here's one more.

hahaha - the figure the nick actually originated from .....lol....You have a nice night I'm quite drunk myself luckily....lol...:)