Sign in to follow this  
brookescourt

G60 (removing carbon canister and pipework) advice needed

that's only 'cos it was leaking... by ripping it all out and blanking off in the correct places you'd have removed any chance of the vacuum pipes leaking causing problems like you had... ;)

Oh, and it doesn't half neaten up the engine bay... ;) 8) :lol:

funny about the whistling - i have a pipe cut down to about 3 inches - maybe a little less and have no whistling - but have exactly the same done as mentioned by others... why is that? i was curious to hear what it was like tbh since soo many people have mentioned it.

i am also doing g60 turbo conversion. What you people do with boost return, ISV? i think ISV and boost return must be removed if you add BOV, where is no more need of boost return pipes? Just block it? also ISV, is it required anymore? i am thinking of removing boost return pipe and blocking this hole on the throtel body, adding a small breather filter on head cover and removing all the ISV. please tell me more with pictures, what is the best for g60 turbo? As i said, i have BOV installed, bigger FMIC, green filter, etc.

Also please tell me where to connect vacum hose form BOV? And hose for turbo boost gauge. Thanks.

Do you really need to cut a hole in the bottom of the box to feed a cold air intake in?

I've put mine in the normal intake and bent it round under the airbox and through the hole where the CC was. So long as the flexi hose isn't much more that 10cm diameter it squeezes in between the headlight ok. Saves butchering the box.