Sign in to follow this  
joshyp

Sunroof cable's?... ?

i got a mechanic to look at my sunroof today and he said i need new cable's thats why it will tilt and not slide! the whole headlininnig needs to come down..... (really)

and half a days work.

where can i get cable and is all that work necessary

i got a mechanic to look at my sunroof today and he said i need new cable's thats why it will tilt and not slide! the whole headlininnig needs to come down..... (really)

and half a days work.

where can i get cable and is all that work necessary

Parts for sale??

its not a quick job, and prob you will need a new cable, i should take some photos of the broken parts and put them up on the forum and get some opinions. The mechanic was correct and the whole rooflining and sunroof cassette will most likely have to come out, and its not a job to be rushed as if put back slightly skew will piss you off with wind whistling through at speeds. Theres lots of info on the forum, search under my name and you should find some stuff.

Tim

Moved to interior forum so you get responses around whether the work is necessary but i assume that it is, as how else would you get to what you're working on? Not worth putting into Suppliers Forum as the answer as to where to get things like that from is obviously the dealers.

actually, as you already have a thread going, please could you keep to that one and i'll lock this.

thanks