big ben

is there a easy way to get heated seat loom out?

i need to move a heated loom and switch out of another corrado to mine. Is there a simple way? i have been putting it off for ages and really need to have a look and get it sorted soon

Ben

cheers. i have done a carpet change before so i was more concerned about the switch in the dash, havent ever taken the dash out so was wondering if i had to?

If you take out the cowl around the instruments - 4 screws, you should be able to get enough clearance to get the switch out. Then you need access to behing the fuse box - underdash tray out, and rotate the fusebox down to reveal where it is plugged in. Just one wire from memory there. You don't need to take the dash out to do this.

thats what i wanted to here, thanks bud :salute:

means i will be having heated seats for this winter again :grin:

You're welcome. Bit of a fiddly job, just take your time.

I need to install my heated seat loom in time for the winter. Does anyone have any pics of what goes where and which bit to connect to in the fuse box. I'm hoping I've got the full loom, as it just looks like a jumble of wires. Got the seat plugs, relays, dash switch plus a load of extra wires that don't go to anything! Hmmm.

I know about the relays going behind the passenger doorcard, its just the fusebox bit I'm not sure of.

Cheers guys.

luckily for me im taking the loom out of my old VR and then just putting it straight in mine, so that makes life easier i suppose

I did this a few months ago. I left the carpets in and worked around them, feeding the wires under where necessary. The relays go behind the passenger door card as already mentioned and the loom goes around the n/s of the car behind the dash to the switches and then I'm pretty sure it is just one wire that goes into the fuse board- the fuse board has quite a few spare slots and it just needs to plug into an ignition fed one.

Thanks that's great. I don't suppose you have any more information on the fuse box connection? From reading up it seems I need to put the black wire into a 12v feed and the grey into the ignition feed... but any idea which slots they are on the fuse box?

When I did mine I copied the way it was wired from the car I had just removed it from... But I believe the connections behind the fuse board are colour coded so it should just be a case of plugging each colour wire in its appropriate slot - ie there are empty slots ready for more accessories and some are grey, some black etc.

If you are still unsure and don't want to risk it, run a test light to the slots to see when they power up to find out for sure.