Sign in to follow this  
corrado9a

lambda error code

hi guys

i have recently changed the exaust manfold (6 branch as you call it), the cat for a new TT high flow unit and the O2 sensor. (brand spanking new unit from the stealer).

The car is runing fine aparently, smooth but weak as always, but I was feeling it was getting weaker by the day so i scanned it and it thow me a lambda code.

1 Fault Found:

00561 - Mixture Adaptation

14-00 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded

with alll brand new parts what else can cause this fault to be thrown?

thanks a lot in advance for your answers.

guys please answer this question as I have the same error code, the only thing we have in common is that I loosened up the exhaust manifold bolts when trying to jack up the engine to get the mechanical water pump out, (yeah that was before I realized I was supposed to disconnect the exhaust manifold from the catalytic converter) after i was done I tightened them back up and anyways the engine would have moved up 3 inches even without messing with them

what we don't have in common is that I also took apart the intake manifold to clean the EGR port and then I reassembled it late at night (needed the car) re using the old gaskets, was that a dumb move, is that what is causing this condition

please be gentle as I am learning here

my problem got solved when i rolling roaded the car and got a new map.

It still comes up every now and then but that is related to a small hiccup that teh car has at 1200 rpm every now and then

Your problem coud be related to using your old gaskets where you have an air intake leak after the MAF and that couses the mixture to go lean and then adjust and then go crazy because it can not adjust well.