Sign in to follow this  
C488ADO

wheels,rims,shoes,rollers

had a drink cant be botheres to use the search as its pretty crap if you want to go back and then back again as it doesnt seem to work....

so

i have borbet 7.5s up fron and 9's on the rear....

the arches have been made to fit accordingly and all is well....................or is it???????

i think i fancy a change, i would like to have massive brakes, massive and i want the look of quality about the car,i dont want to have expensive bbs wheels, as most people have been there and done that , plus i dont /cant afford to pay the massivly over inflated price anyways, i would like some thing that looks quite cool and understated but when noticed 'yeah that works well'

im not sure polished is for me anymore but im not ruling it out....are 17's too big? not sure...i like my car low and not looking like a pram, corrados look high in the middle....all of them do...... 16's cut you a bit of slack on this but borbets are a small wheel internally so very limited for brakes....

ramble ramble ramble,

anyways what do people think what could i get on a budget? and what is going to suit the wide ass my car has got? i def need 9's on the rear...

Massive brakes means 17's. Probably going to have to look at Porsche or Porsche replica for the staggered widths and good caliper clearance.

hmmmmmm porkie wheels are big bucks......

but even then what do you go for??

d90s.....boring

fuchus....=air cooled

dog legs ........na

Wow, I'm not going to drink what you have :cuckoo: you sound like a nutter Nath mate :lol:

Firstly the brakes- going to be at least £500 upto £800 ish for a decent setup. Take that off your budget. If you go for 16's (not many will clear big brakes) then you can use your existing tyres. 17's are going to cost you lots more inc tyres.

Wheels are such a personal taste, very difficult for people to come up with ideas for you, be here forever deciding.

Choose what you want and get on with it! :lol: :lol:

unless you really want 9s, and with 17s i'm not sure you really do, then I would say you want in on the Compomotive group buy, they will give you good brake clearance with a look of quality

if you dont want 17s then why not go for 16x8 compomotives which will still take 330mm brakes (i've put a photo of those in the group buy thread too). the trouble is that they will be expensive compared to the introductory discount going on in the group buy.

alternatively, Ben-B who is in on that group buy may be selling the 17x8 Oz Ultraleggera's that he has acquired on Billcor's car today, maybe worth asking him as they will be good for big brakes too.

big reds can be grabbed for £250 from certain brakers constant supply so not botherd about brake cost.....new discs and pads will be dear but its a running cost you got to have so again as my brakes will need changing soon not too botherd......

wheels though obviouisly il sell my rims and then have cash towrds next set.... i like the way the car looks and sits currently on the 9's...i.e very wide

i have shed loads of room on the rear arches so 17's if they do them in 9's would fit very easily....

i think the comps in the group buy are of an aquired taste, i will look at what else they do though

any body got some pics to look at??

i think the comps in the group buy are of an aquired taste, i will look at what else they do though

il take that back the more i look at them the more i like them.....hmmmm whiskey mac's doing a good job on my perception....

thinking a graphite grey set against the blackberry paint might just work......

tt comps - light and loads of space for most brakes, just look at 8vmatts car!

lol cant do that he lives round the corner!!

:lol: :lol: Haha I've got the south west monopoly on TT Comps!!!

When I said the brakes would be £500+, I meant everything you'd need, not just calipers. Disclaimer- All prices are ish and very approx and to be taken with a large pinch of salt :norty:

Calipers £250+ (poss refurb needed)

Discs £150-200

Pads (good) £100, (Very good-Race) £150+

Brake lines £50

What about getting those 17" Oettinger 5 spokes you had ages ago? I loved those.