Ben-B

Ben-B's Progress Thread - Aqua Blue VR6 with lots of extras!

well done mate, you got yourself a wicked rado there... the brakes are looking very tasty :norty:

Thanks... took two mates for a spin and one nearly choked on his own tongue when I gave them a demo of how good the brakes are :lol:

Bought some car mats (to stick in my old car for when I sell it), thought I'd see how they fit in the Rado, fit pretty good so they're staying. They're not bad for £14, so think I'll get another set of them for my old car when I sell it.

Here's some interior pics. Also stuck my AA first aid kit under the arm rest, where the standard one usually goes.

snv32699.jpg

snv32700.jpg

snv32701.jpg

snv32702.jpg

snv32703.jpg

snv32704.jpg

Joes old mk2 was alot quicker than my rado, you'll have to take us for a spin sometime ben, give me a taste of what I've got to come, I'll never fork out for the shrick manifold tho. As for prams in the boot, I've had no trouble gettin em in the back of mine, kids love rados too

Be good to see this in the flesh!

Harewood? :wave:

Well, I'm at my mates in Garforth (east Leeds) the saturday night, so I won't be at the show I don't think, but I'll be on the M1 on the way home, just not sure what time yet :lol:

I'm up for a Yorkshire meet some time soon though... And if anyone fancies coming and seeing it let me know and we can organise something

Joes old mk2 was alot quicker than my rado, you'll have to take us for a spin sometime ben, give me a taste of what I've got to come, I'll never fork out for the shrick manifold tho. As for prams in the boot, I've had no trouble gettin em in the back of mine, kids love rados too

Joes old mk2 was rapid when it was only running on 5 cylinders :lol:

But with a car like that, they're very light, but they're not the best handling, so I reckon he'd have had me on the 1/4 mile, but I'd have owned him on a track. (In all fairness I do have "dustbin lids" behind those wheels according to Joe) so maybe the track comparison isn't fair

You heard his plans for the Vento?

was meaning to ask, what was your previous car Ben?

1248cc diesel Vauxhall Corsa... it did almost as many mpg as it had bhp

Got it as a first car, when I was 18, with 0 ncb, and doing 20,000 miles in that first year of owning it.

I've only done 4,000 or so in the last year so having a diesel hasn't really paid off that much

Got a progress thread on the Corsa-C|UK forum if you're interested (don't think you need to register to see threads) - http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?261193

Got it as a first car, when I was 18, with 0 ncb, and doing 20,000 miles in that first year of owning it.

I've only done 4,000 or so in the last year so having a diesel hasn't really paid off that much

Got a progress thread on the Corsa-C|UK forum if you're interested (don't think you need to register to see threads) - http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?261193

was just interested as you said you were putting it back to standard to sell it, and also because you're going so all out on the mods for the new purchase. was intrigued to know what it was following!

was just interested as you said you were putting it back to standard to sell it, and also because you're going so all out on the mods for the new purchase. was intrigued to know what it was following!

It was following 2 years of sod-all power, and I missed filling the car up... only had to do it once a week most of the time with the derv

I did the cosmetic enhancements (Irmscher stuff, which is the Vauxhall-licenced styling products, so suited the car as if it was out the factory like that) and then focused on the handling, but not power.

Now I want power & handling more than looks... cos the Rado already looks sweet :D

I've not spoke to joe for a few weeks now, his last set of plans for the vento weren't quite as entusiastic as his first, but he could have quite easily changed his mind again, I'll have to call him I haven't seen the vento yet, I wanna see how easy his wheels will be for me to nick, haha, me and me mate are makin exaust systems for each of our cars from the head all the way back, both will be 6 branch and decat only difference will be he won't have a mid box so we can do a pretty fair comparison of systems which might help to answer question elsewere on the site.

I've not spoke to joe for a few weeks now, his last set of plans for the vento weren't quite as entusiastic as his first, but he could have quite easily changed his mind again, I'll have to call him I haven't seen the vento yet, I wanna see how easy his wheels will be for me to nick, haha, me and me mate are makin exaust systems for each of our cars from the head all the way back, both will be 6 branch and decat only difference will be he won't have a mid box so we can do a pretty fair comparison of systems which might help to answer question elsewere on the site.

Sounds good fella. Let me know on here when you're planning to see Joe's vento and I'll bring this across too, or get him to give me a ring when you're already there

Looks great and the ride height is spot on 8) Clearly someone has been 2 fingering their arches :D

Are they really 8x17? They don't look quite as fat as an 8J normally does for some reason!

Sounds good fella. Let me know on here when you're planning to see Joe's vento and I'll bring this across too, or get him to give me a ring when you're already there

might have to tag along when erny pops down to see joe and have a little nosey around your car to, looks like you made a great choice of car kidda :) and you got buffing skills might have you buff mine up when i finally decide to pull my finger out and get mine finished :lol: which might be in the next ten years :lol:

Looks great and the ride height is spot on 8) Clearly someone has been 2 fingering their arches :D

Are they really 8x17? They don't look quite as fat as an 8J normally does for some reason!

Wasn't me... Bill's had them set up bob on hasn't he... I certainly won't be touching them.

I may one day replace them for some V2/3 or Konis. Really would like some ride adjustable, cos these could be a bit softer round town, but they're not firm enough to get the best out of the car on the track, being preset, they're a compromise between the two, and I don't like to do compromise :lol:

might have to tag along when erny pops down to see joe and have a little nosey around your car to, looks like you made a great choice of car kidda :) and you got buffing skills might have you buff mine up when i finally decide to pull my finger out and get mine finished :lol: which might be in the next ten years :lol:

Yeah that'd be good, be nice to meet some local Rado owners and put faces to the usernames... you on Lowdown too?

i know alot of the lads and lasses on there and there all proper sound but i dont really post on there that much, i dont really post alot on any forum for me its about cars not computers, but if i get chance sometime soon (again next ten years :lol: ) i might start a build thread on here

i was talking with ernie the other day about your car, he was sayin that joe said that your car felt completly different to his mk2 vr i was intrested to find out how different yours is to mine, sayin that i havnt driven mine for nearly a year and the state its in at the min it will be next year at the earlist before i get to haha, i am guna set a dead line tho i wana go mivw next year in it so ive got a little while yet :D

there is guna be some proper nice rados in south yorkshire in the next year or so good times

edit (been on here 3 years and this is my 200 posts booom :lol: :lol: )

i know alot of the lads and lasses on there and there all proper sound but i dont really post on there that much, i dont really post alot on any forum for me its about cars not computers, but if i get chance sometime soon (again next ten years :lol: ) i might start a build thread on here

i was talking with ernie the other day about your car, he was sayin that joe said that your car felt completly different to his mk2 vr i was intrested to find out how different yours is to mine, sayin that i havnt driven mine for nearly a year and the state its in at the min it will be next year at the earlist before i get to haha, i am guna set a dead line tho i wana go mivw next year in it so ive got a little while yet :D

there is guna be some proper nice rados in south yorkshire in the next year or so good times

edit (been on here 3 years and this is my 200 posts booom :lol: :lol: )

:cheers:

My mate (Etches69) and Joe were originally on there, then a few of our mates have since joined, and I got to know a few of them so thought I might as well.

Yeah Joe said that to me... I still think his was outright quicker due to weight, but mine definitely has the torque there over his. Reckon it'd be a close one, like I said earlier, I think he'd have me on the strip, I'd have him on the track.

Can't beleive the cheeky kernt he sold it too tried to sell it for way more a few months later.

Whats the crack with yours then, how come you havent' driven it in so long?

i can thats what people do buy stuff then add some scene points and try and sell it for more than its worth

as for my car :lol: started out a nice example same colour as yours and interior and now its a bare shell :lol: not much more to say :lol: i need some time and money to get it back on the road but at the min im happy to have it sat in the garage tinkering with it making it how i want :D

so what plans have you got for yours? is it just engine stuff

i can thats what people do buy stuff then add some scene points and try and sell it for more than its worth

as for my car :lol: started out a nice example same colour as yours and interior and now its a bare shell :lol: not much more to say :lol: i need some time and money to get it back on the road but at the min im happy to have it sat in the garage tinkering with it making it how i want :D

so what plans have you got for yours? is it just engine stuff

The money for now will be going on performance & handling... I'll do a few things to the exterior/interior but they'll be relatively cheap in comparison.

power, gota love it

so you got any plans for a turbo or supercharge fun in your life, or are you just guna stay N/A

power, gota love it

so you got any plans for a turbo or supercharge fun in your life, or are you just guna stay N/A

Might go forced route one day, but for now I'm just loving it as it is... just love it the way it is right now

power, gota love it

Might go forced route one day, but for now I'm just loving it as it is... just love it the way it is right now

makes me remember when i first got my vr, thats about 3 years ago the first time i drove it and the vr just rumbeled up to speed it was amazing and i loved it to bits, and even to this day it stil brings the biggest smile to my face when i get th chance to let that v6 loose its just best noise ever haha i want my car on the road now haha, when i get backfrom working away im guna get on it :salute:

Ben, you still thinking of making this a track weapon? (Please say no!). Great motor too good for track abuse :nuts:

We need more pics mate, to keep us going, lol.

Ben, you still thinking of making this a track weapon? (Please say no!). Great motor too good for track abuse :nuts:

We need more pics mate, to keep us going, lol.

Not for a couple of years at least, although after driving it for a week I'm more inclined to keep it on the road, and to get something else as a track weapon... perhaps a nail of a Rado and put a 20VT engine in or something.

We'll see... but I will definitely take this on the track... maybe just not convert it to a track car

On Friday I went to Compomotive to pay my deposit on a new set of wheels... the group buy on here for the new wheels Compomotive are introducing this month... 17" x 8J MO1783 5-spokes.

Because of the brake calipers and the coilover height adjusters, I've had to space them out to ET30 instead of the ET35 I was gonna go for.

40064331.jpg

Also I bought a set of 5 Audi TT Competition alloys, 4 satin black with Toyo R888s, and one spare polished one, off dukest when I was down there. They're not the best condition... but I took that into account when buying them... and as they're Track/Winter wheels they'll do fine (obviously I won't run 888s on them in winter, I'll get proper winter tyres)

The R888s are worn down to the tread bars so aren't road legal anymore, but they've still got a few track days left in them for sure.

Still... can't complain for only £200!

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004-1.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

002qd.jpg

IMG_0007.JPG

003xvp.jpg

001ils.jpg

My Compomotive MO5s arrived today.

Want them on the car now, but can't afford tyres, so gonna probably put them on early next year when I take the winter wheels off.

They're even better than I thought they would be, look really similar to the standard Speedline wheels, but these have the caliper clearance.

Here's some pictures:

photo1tq.jpg

photo2pc.jpg

photo4a.jpg

photo5cm.jpg

photo6ya.jpg

Heres a picture side-by-side with the standard Speedlines in comparison... Comps (top) are 17s, Speedlines (bottom) are 15s

desktopxu.jpg