Sign in to follow this  
umonkeyz

How to fit crank sensor?

Hi, I have a new crank sensor ready to fit to try to fix a starting prob.

I really need to buy a bently manual, but in the mean time;

Would anyone be willing to quickly describe where the sensor goes, what I may need to fit it, and how it fits. Lol I hAve no idea about this part sorry, and I can't find anything on line.

Many thanks

Sam

It's on the front of the engine, right down at the bottom next to the sump on the gearbox end. Replacing it is pretty easy, you just undo the screw holding it on (IIRC a 5mm hex head?), take the old one out, clean up the hole & pop the new one in and replace the bolt. I think there's an O-ring that needs replacing as well, and obviously you need to plug the wire into the connector the old one was plugged into.

I've never done this with the engine in place though, so you might find it rather difficult to get at, not much space around there.

T

spot on. Its quite striaghtforward to get too, especially if you have standard ride height! Otherwise, just drive onto some stout planks and slide underneath the front. You'll see it as its pretty low down on the block. Clean the mating faces too and perhaps spray with WD40 before refitting. Hope it solves the problem!