Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

Well, car has been scratched..AGAIN, polish recommendations?

I have no idea why some people have so little respect for other people's property. Anyways, im not gonna have a rant because it won't get me anywhere. BUT, I came home today to find a pretty much whole bonnet width scratch along the front end of the bonnet.

I've taken it to a local bodyshop who gave it a once over with some polish and a mop - some of the scratch has come out but it's evident now how deep the rest is. Id rather not have to fork out for a front end spray so would like to try a cheaper alternative 1st - can anyone recommend any products? Is it wise to use T-Cut with green pigments such as this, or this? What's the difference between the 2?

Any advice appreciated :salute:

I have no idea why some people have so little respect for other people's property. Anyways, im not gonna have a rant because it won't get me anywhere. BUT, I came home today to find a pretty much whole bonnet width scratch along the front end of the bonnet.

I've taken it to a local bodyshop who gave it a once over with some polish and a mop - some of the scratch has come out but it's evident now how deep the rest is. Id rather not have to fork out for a front end spray so would like to try a cheaper alternative 1st - can anyone recommend any products? Is it wise to use T-Cut with green pigments such as this, or this? What's the difference between the 2?

Any advice appreciated :salute:

You can try a touch up pen and then machine polish after a week or so when its dry to get it nice and flat.

When you say a mop do you mean a machine polish?

Do you have any pics of it?

You may need to try a bit of wet and dry on it. A machine polish with a cutting pad and a product such as menzerna or 3m with a high cut may do it but it really depends on how deep the scratch is, can you catch you nail on it?

When you say a mop do you mean a machine polish?

Do you have any pics of it?

You may need to try a bit of wet and dry on it. A machine polish with a cutting pad and a product such as menzerna or 3m with a high cut may do it but it really depends on how deep the scratch is, can you catch you nail on it?

Yeh just had a quick blast with the machine polisher.

No pix as of yet bud, was raining so thought Id wait til its properly dry. Wet and dry hmmm, im so inexperienced with car care id be scared of ruining the paintwork!

Yeh u can just about get ur nail in, some of the areas he's gone over have gone back to green and don't look too bad, there's a couple of bits where it's still white though. What's a 'cutting pad' mate? Excuse my ignorance lol

As muppetlab says, fill in the scratch with some touch up. But you won't get it flat with a machine polisher, you'll have to go over it with a bit of wet and dry (1200 with soapy water) and then polish it up with some g3 and g10.

As muppetlab says, fill in the scratch with some touch up. But you won't get it flat with a machine polisher, you'll have to go over it with a bit of wet and dry (1200 with soapy water) and then polish it up with some g3 and g10.

Ok ta. Can I use some of that coloured polish stuff I linked to earlier, or do u mean like a touch up pen?

Nightmare mate, you're not having much luck at the moment with it :pale: And its such a good car.

Think Kip is talking about a touch up pen so you can draw some colour in the scratch, then polish off later. Fingers crossed for ya.

if you catch the w####r doin it i recomend the perpertrators hand being held on the edge of the curb while a mate brings a hammer down onto it ....several times ,these t#####s deserve nothing less .

Yes a touch up pen, something thick enough to fill the scratch, somethimes it takes a few goes and some patience, but when finished only you can tell it has been scratched. :D