Sign in to follow this  
sexybourbon

arrrggggg

just had a small nightmare with the sound deadning glued to the underside of the bonnet.

what i have been doing for the last three hours is removing it .... not happy.

a couple of weeks ago ...my birthday i had to top the oil up not concentrating put a little to much in and got a bit worried that it might of caused some damage usually i would have just jacked the car up and drained a bit out but its a pain getting underneath with it being so low so being my "special day" decided this would not be a hard job for the local garage to do so whipped it round for them to do...... not a problem he said so i waited round out side the garage entrance and five mins later he came out with my keys .... sorted you would think before driving off in to a sunny corrado sunset . until 5 miles later when you can smell oil and lift your bonnet to find the dick had removed the oil filler cap and not put it back on so oil was all over and i mean all over i took me about 4 hours to clean the bay before gunk'in it and rinsing it and then taking it to get the underneath steam cleaned

i cant believe the stupid f@@k actually did it has anybody else ever had something like this happen i was totally gutted that he had messed up my pride and joy

rant over

i would have done but when i asked where to pay he just said dont worry about it so really i wouldnt have had a leg to stand on because i didnt have a reciept for the things he had done he would have just put the blame somewhere else but on his head

this happend to er indoors when she bought a car ,the bloke said my mechanic has just serviced it !!! she drove it back ,got home n said drives nice but pen n inks of oil ,he had done the same thing :( engine was covered in oil.

No when i opened the bonnet it was just sat in the top of the engine so i didnt need to what i cant understand is why he took it off in the first place !!!

Tbh i took off all the sound dedning ad removed the glue and then cleaned it and polished it and it looks better but thats still not the point i suppose

Would have been taken off so the oil poured out steady and not glugging out. (Did I just make up a word?)

My mate did this to my Valver after I sold it to him when he was rough on a Sunday morning. Wasn't too bad though and the engine was already a bit dirty. He's since cleaned it up completely though.