Sign in to follow this  
harryc

Damage repair advice

As per my previous posts, my handbrake recently failed sending my car into a row of trees.... :censored:

Anyhow, i got round to the body shop yesterday and was given a quote of £350 to repair the wing and bonnet. My other option was sourcing a replacement front wing but according to the body shop guy this would cost more in paint and the time involved in fading it into the door. There is previous damage on the arch from where i was driven into as well.

Does this seem like a reasonable price and is the bodyshop likely to be able to completely fix all signs of damage?!

seems ok for whats involved.

not sure how they'd be doing the bonnet though, i would think there may still be some evidence of the repair afterwards if you were to look at it from underneath. but yes, other panels will only make it more expensive unless you get the same colour and they're in as good condition as you'd want them to be (ie. almost impossible).

£350 is cheap, but then from the sounds of it they aren't even going to respray the whole panel they are repairing so I'd be a bit dubious as I'd imagine it would be quite hard to blend in with the original paint. Have you seen any examples of their work?

I took my mk2 golf there to have the boot and bonnet resprayed for a similar price and was happy with the work, having had previous experience with diy paint jobs i'm trying to steer clear of the temptation to pick up a good condition panel and respray it myself....

I've had another friend take his 200sx which had damage on the swage line there and he had to keep taking it back to them as you could see ripples and imperfections. Basically i want the job done as well as possible within a reasonable budget and am worried he's not going to get good enough results from repairing the damaged panel, am i wrong?

dont think there's anything difficult about getting the exterior looking ok so i would hope they'd do that bit well. doesnt sound like they're going to blend into the adjacent panels but hopefully they shouldnt need to to too much given where the damage is.