Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Opinions Please - Dotz Mugello Wheels

Not really a great wheel for a Corrado Storm, I think you will cheapen the car. How about the group buy for Compomotives or perhaps, C5 OEMs BBS RX2s in the classifieds

Ideally I would like 17" BBS RD's, I had the 16" RDs on my last VR. But they don't make them anymore and their current range are too "modern" IMO.

I had RX2's on my Anni Mk3 and having watched them corrode over the years, there's no way I would spend money on BBS splits.

The Compomotive GB looks interesting though. Thanks for pointing that out.

I might just go crazy and buy some RH's but I understand there are some fitting problems with them and larger brake setups. I plan on going 312mm at some stage.

or look out for some standard 17" RX's - they obviously dont come up that often or it seems you could still get them new?

or these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BBS-CV003-7-5x17- ... 4837ca8cdd or are they the ones you think are too modern?

Philmo has them on his car but I cant find a pic - heres one of another car though: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77863&p=904035&hilit=bbs+cv%2A#p903942

The dotz look too much like the fast and the furious imo - the cut face on the black spokes just says japanese to me.

If its RD's your after I've been tempted by these for a while on edition, look like they need a refurb but there up for only 200 notes

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=320038&st=0

Thanks but they must be an older model of RD. These were the ones I had on the previous VR...

bbs_rd.jpg[/attachment:eykwf87y]

no good for a VR :)

I can see the Dotz are no good. Didn't realise the inside of the spokes was black. Black wheels are not my cuppa cha.

Got me looking at BBS again ya buggers! Maybe BBS CS 17x7.5? They're the cheapest at only £177 a wheel! :eek: