Sign in to follow this  
ja32953

overheating?..long but exact steps to my problem?!its a book

ok,..i replaced the thermostat,..i have no leaks,..coolant is full...start car let it run for 5 minutes,..there goes my coolant flowing out the resevore vent at boiling dgree,....i flushed my system...and then removed the thermo all together,...still does the same thing????

,..its full....and i flushed every hose and water out let to block,..im running w/o a thermostat,...and about 5 minutes later is steamin up and boilin to the top of reservore,..i put the cap on to stop it from flowing out,...wait a few minutes after i shut car off,...turn the cap back off...swoosh...the coolant comes gushin out the vent hloe before i can get the cap off,...and its very hott.

....need some help here guys....im at my wits end and ready to just shoot it

by squeezing the uper hose and watching to see if the coolant in resevore would rise.

...but air?..im runnin w/o the thermo...and i dont leak fluid anywhere...ive been at this for 3 days now.....i'll go let it run with cap on,....but what happens if it just shoots out the vent again from boilin up?...what is going on?

if any of you remeber im also the guy that does not have his gauges working,..only the tach..not even the speedo works...dont know why...but anyway im doing this blind i know,..but i have to do what i can with what i got,....my water pump spun free and made no noises,..but i do have another,..but for some reason i dont think that its the pump.....but what do i know..lol

...when i first started the car i did see the fluid rise and air (so to speak)..flow to top of resevore(cap off at this point)......then smoke or steam (but cold to the touch)..was coming out,...i squeezed the upper and lower hoses and felt and hurt the system burp(bubble up in the res.).....at this point i put cap back on,..checked for leaks underneath..(none).......wited a few then the resvore was riseing to the top...and when i unsrew the cap,..before it comes off the coolant shoots out of the vent....?

,...this is what i did,...started car,...let run for about 5 minutes,...top hose getting warm...bottom hose staying cold....waited 3 to 4 more minutes......top hose getting hot,..bottom hose staying cold....felt water pump from underneath car,...hott too touch....went to take cap off....to release air if any,...coolant shoots out before cap is unscrewed all the way off.......i put cap back on and did this process while also pumping top rad hose....then shut car off..removed upper rad hose,...hmmm.no fluid came out?...grabbed hose shot water in to top of rad....hott ass water came flowing out of top rad. hose on to my hands while holding hose in to rad.

........whats next?

can the water pump be bad if it does not leak or make any noise?...it spins freely and is quiet,...also when i flushed the system...i shot high pressure water into everything to check for a clog,..water came out?...is ther another way to chech it or unclog a clog?

uhm...the first 15 min was fine,...pulled over...let the air out...put cap on...drove a bit...pulled over let some air out,.....then...let it idle...to see if it boils over...10 min. went by...left station to come home,...bam...white smoke from under hood.......bad!!!!!...pulled over.....**** was everywhere but in the resevore......let it cool a bit put tap water back in drove it home smokein with steam...now on my knees praying...lol....actually...when i pulled in my driveway,...let it cool for a few then removed res. cap....water still bubbleing up to the top,..kinda girgleing ........but no leaks underneath...no noise...(well.a lil bit of a ping!need some water sound)....but no ther noises.....what is it?....didnt find a clog unless i did it wrong.....no h.core..no thermo.....HELP

Your's a G60? had mine of the road for months just couldn't find the problem :mad: changed the cap, thermo swithch, checked the head etc. just can't cure it totaly. Do the water pipes become rock solid with the pressure? more so than just the system under normall pressure?

When you re-filled the system did you put the heater to hot, if you didnt do this it will do pretty much wot your describing because you create an air lock(or something like that) happend to mine so i know wot your on about

When you re-filled the system did you put the heater to hot, if you didnt do this it will do pretty much wot your describing because you create an air lock(or something like that) happend to mine so i know wot your on about

That doesn't happen on Corrados... The heating controls only control the vents that control the air vents, so the heater matrix has always got coolant flowing through it at whatever temp the engine's coolant is at... 8)

These problems both sound like a blockage to me... It sounds like someone has put 2 non-mixable coolants into the system which have reacted and solidified in the waterways somewhere causing the blockage. I dunno how you'd test that theory or even clear it out, but that's where I start thinking from if you've already replaced the thermostat and checked for leaks... :|

As Henny said, Corrado heater matrixes are always in circuit, so doesn't make any difference. Only MK1s physically closed off the circtuit to the matrix and it was critical on those cars that the heater was set to hot.

Sounds a lot like any air lock to me. Try another reflush (with a thermostat this time) but fill the engine via the radiator top hose and not the expansion tank.

Kev