Sign in to follow this  
Jim

I think this is my car for sale on Autotrader!!

I wondered when it'd show up... shows the wrong picture so I cant be sure, but sounds about like mine :

1994 VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO 2.0 16v, 1994,

Metallic Purple with Grey Karman trim, 5 speed, PAS, e/s/r & windows, alloys, alarm, stereo, spoilers, total service history, an outstanding example at. £3,995 . terms. Moseley Rd, Highgate.

exclusive

Tel: (0121) 446 4656 or (07771) 881509 452

Distance: 15 miles

Price: £3,995

*sob*

Just seeing all the Corrado's today at the Pod made me miss mine all the more.. the temptation to sell the Saxo and just pick up a cheaper 1.8 16v already is driving me nuts! Argh!!

I'll wait and see what happens in the next few months.. I am still waiting on a reasonably large pay rise which I have been promised for ages. If it leaves me stacked with cash, I might ditch the Saxo and either pick up an older Corrado (saw a mint, CCGB member owned one for 2k the other day.. looked ace) or pick up a nice MK2 16v Golf GTI as I have a bit of a soft spot for them as well :)

Damnit.. I want to be sensible and run this Saxo but I realise now that the Corrado was a hobby for me which I really enjoyed.. and now I have ditched it, I realise it. Hell, I don't go out a lot or spend money on anything else.. why shouldn't I run a nice car :)

well volkswizard have a nice honest looking(low owner) e-plate mk2 16v for under £1200.....take out a £2k loan over 3 years @£70ish per month,insure the car tpf&t(pay monthly)that way you have £800 for maintanence and/or paint refurbishment....cheap as chips "performance" motoring with still a touch of style...alright you'll be lacking pas and other modern refinements but you'll have better performance than your old C and saxo and as it hasn't had any of the max-power treatment once tidied up it'll look pretty impressive...imo these early-ish pre-big-bumper 16valvers are going to become almost as sought after as the mk1 campaigns :wink:

have a look here

http://www.autometrixinfo.u-net.com/vol ... 515WUD.htm

What did we all tell you?! :roll:

Seriously though mate, I know exactly how you feel! Give the Saxo a bit more time- don't make a rushed decision.....crap, go and get another C today!!! :D There's a few good 'uns out there, and the prices are dropping. Mine was only £2.5K, and is in superb condition with FSH- only thing is the high miles, but it drives really well.

You know you want to!

Damnit... no...

I gotta wait. I wanna just hang on a few years, get myself into a flat (can't live at home forever) and then look at getting a VR in a few years.

That sounds too sensible..... :)

I'm hoping to buy a house this summer- prices in Canterbury are crazy though- 100K for a grotty 1 bedroom flat!

Well I am aiming just to rent a flat or something for a while.. house prices here in Coventry are similarly ridiculous - and to be honest, Coventry is such a bloody dive, I can't understand why its so expensive!!

I might look outside of the city to be honest.. I hate the hustle and bustle so to rent a place on the outskirts would do me great :)

Move to Derby - I am :)

I think thats a good reason NOT to move to Derby :p :p :p :p

Just kidding mate :)

i'm savin for a house too... thats why the rado sits in the shed a lot! :?

i hate living at home!! :mad: ..but the car is sooo nice :p

Be strong Jim!!! Stand by your actions.

(Even though I really want to see you back in a C! :))

House prices are pretty ridiculous over here as well (lucky I have one ;))......to do with all the money over here and the high standard of living.......think unemployment is about ~100 people!

Ha,

I did exactly the same thing. Had a '92 Scirocco Scala and sold it last year as it was costing bucket loads to keep. Biggest mistake yet. Shoulda kept it or changed then for a nice Corrado. Bought a pug 306 D-Turbo. Great car, but no fun as it was no longer a hobby keeping it going.

So I went back to VW in November with the C and though it is now costing bucket loads again, I haven't regretted it!!!!

(even though the pug was much more lively around town - also think the turbo charger was boosted in some way :D )

Anyway whats money for if not to have fun with. Sod sensibleness I say.

BTW i rent, don't own. :(

chuck,

A mate of mine has a 306 D-Turbo Sport.. I have to agree that it is a surprisingly quick car, and will show quite a few cars up (gave my Corrado a hard time at lower speeds, but ran out of steam when you got above 90) - I guess, even though it was a diesel, forced induction is the way to go!

And as for what to do with the car.. talk about two minds :|

Realistically I really should keep a hold of the Saxo.. no way in hell I can afford to put myself into more trouble with another Corrado for a good few years yet. I am umm'ing and ahh'ing on here because I am just terrible at making decisions..

Why don`t you let us make the decision for you Jim :lol: 8) CORRADO 8) You know it makes sense :wink:

I am just terrible at making decisions..

Only cos you're such a big girl's blouse!

(Apologies about the time - just got in! Been out in the Tuscan most the day ;))

at least you had the choice to get rid or keep, we had no choice when some evil person stole our G60 from the front door :mad:

at least you had the choice to get rid or keep, we had no choice when some evil person stole our G60 from the front door :mad:

proper bstards!!!................hope you find it intact......though its funny how i bet your local plod won't be putting the same effort into finding it as they would trying to get drivers for speeding though :mad:

afterall finding a motor doesn't give them any monies into their coffers