Sign in to follow this  
ASHLEY G

Replacing my broken obd1 ABV dizzy engine with a later engin

Evening all!

Just a quick question. My Mk2 currently has a dead ABV OBD1 dizzy engine. I'm struggling to find a replacement ABV lump, all I can find is AAA engines, OBD1 and 2 coilpack jobbies. Is it just a straight swop with all my electrics etc to get it to run? I know that I'll have to swop the dizzy drive and upper timing cover to run the dizzy again. Or am I better off binning the dizzy altogether and running OBD2 or 1 coilpack and rewiring it to suit?

Bit confused as to whats the betted option. I'll be fitting My 268 cams anyway so it's no hassle to fit the dizzy drive while I'm there if I'm better off with the dizzy option.

So what should I do and what's the best OBD or year engine to go for?

Thanks in advance, Ash

not sure whats best but i have changed mine to coilpack obd1 engine and had to replace all engine loom from fuse box ,,not fun as you have to remove the servo but im glad i did it,,

aaa obd2 is what you need, no stalling and much smoother than obd1, late golf from 1995 onwards i think.