Sign in to follow this  
swiftkid

Full closure Toad AI606

Right i've been searching for ages about this but had no definative answer. Im after an alarm at the moment, i've previously had a toad alarm and it was brilliant so wanting to stick with what i know but the thing is i want an alarm that i can lock the car and it will automatically close the sunroof and windows.

I have read that most people have it setup so that you press and hold different buttons to close the windows and sunroof but i know other alarms like the clifford can do it on a single lock button press but like i said i'd really prefer a toad alarm.

My question is to anyone who has a Toad fitted with any full closure, can you press lock once and leave it to roll up the windows and shut the sunroof on its own. If so is that with the additional window closure module or direct from the alarm?

yes.

You use the unlocking output signal to do the unlocking side of things.

But for the locking you don't use the locking output on the alarm (duration isn't long enough & you get windows only half closed).

Instead you use the timed output with a relay. It operates a second or so after the locking output does its stuff, but the duration is programmable to give you enough time to use it for full closure.

Only complication is if you hit the lock button then remember you've left something inside. If you try to unlock as it is still doing its closure thing it gets a bit confused!

HTH

I've fitted Ai606 alarms to my last four cars (inc 2 corrados) & not had any problems at all. Great alarms with very well designed fobs. I like a good fob.

sorry to hijack the thread. but how do you get the auto lock feature to work? ive deffinatly got it turned on as an option but the doors will only lock on the first turn of the ignition not when the car is running