Sign in to follow this  
dannyboy

Got ASD box for my G60..doesnt feel right

hi guys,

decided to try out a different apporch to everyone and go with an ASD box instead of the CTN.it has 46000 miles on the box and bought it for 150 euro.wont be able to install it til over two weeks cause i have to wait for import licence for my car to come through,before i can move my car :(

anyway i keep yous updated.

The question i am asking is that i have tried to turn the drive output flange by hand and this spins in the same direction as the other.every other gearbox i have come to the other drive output will spin in the opposite direction,differential is stiff to overcome but i can do it by hand(just),gears do turn without cluncking or grinding but are very weighty and require bit of effort to turn by hand. only tiny amount of backlash on the teeth which is a good sign

I have an ATA petrol box is a very high miler (350k) and can turn the output flange with two fingers and other side spins opposite,differential is quite easy to overcome holding one side.

Im prob comparing a old,duff petrol box that should be on the scrap-pile to a low mile,solid,diesel box :roll:

but i want to be sure before i install it

Any help guys,tell me what you think?

look first

or shut up and get the thing installed already :norty:

got one of these to go in my G60 just not got around to go fitting yet. its out of a golf 1.9D. it only got taken out this week so not had chance to look over it but whilst it was in the car it seemed all good.

im planning on putting it in then seeing which one i prefer the G60 on or the diesel one. then will get the one i prefer reconed.

sorry i know thats not much help. but will try have a look at it next week and see if its the same as yours. ie turning by hand and all that!

no worries give me shout if you check it

Just had few bad experiences buying duff items!!!! :(

got 12 month guarante though!!test it,wreck it,send it :wave: :norty: