Sign in to follow this  
kerr200

g60 lose of power

hello everyone havnt posted in quite a while. hope some one can help me out. my 90 g60 was running great but didnt have any boost so i broke down and removed it and sent it to kk to get it rebuilt. decided to get a stage 4. well when i finally got it back installed it.now i have no power what so ever idles at about 8grand floored in third gear im getting about 5pounds of boost.everything seems to be hooked up right.my question is do i need to readjust something when going from a stock to stage 4 rebuild? :shrug:

Did you get a new chip to match the stage 4 charger work? Not sure why that would cause power loss but should be done anyway

Have you checked for leaks in the boost pipes?

Take the pipe to the throttle body off as well and have a look in there - if you have loads of oil, chances are you've blown your charger oil seals. The charger shouldn't be rev past a 3 or 4000 for the 1st 500 miles after a rebuild as well. Also check to see whether the throttle cable has moved, if it has the butterfly in the throttle wont fully close on WOT and you wont see high boost. Oh, yes and check for boost leaks as mentioned.

thanks for the responses 875 100 welding displacer. very little if any oil in hose going into tb mfa boost test readings fluctuate from 87 to about 77 idle which im assuming is about right? dont think the power lose has to do with charger of coarse i could be wrong changed the knock sensor already as i read that could cause power lose had no effect.

mines doin some strange things as well,if i put my foot down steady it seems to go ok,but when i just plant it down its holding back in a big way?

idles perfect etc,whats the likely cause?