Sign in to follow this  
ozziozmo

dreaded headlight problems...please help

Hey all......have the dreaded problem of dim headlights on my lovely rado but just wanted to check if this is caused by the usual loom problems etc .

Both sides of my dipped beam are very dull but working, but main beam is a differnt story. The passenger side main beam doesnt work, the bulb goes DIMMER when activated and the h3 bulb next to it doesnt work at all, where as the other side dip and main work fine as usual wity the twin filament and the h3 both working.

Is this down to the loom guys? i have replaced all hulbs to see if they were blown so all bulbs are new.......

pleasehelp

ozmo

the earths situated around the battery,at the rear, and check the connections are good that go to the back of the headlights and the plugs that fit on the bulbs also

The ballast is on the inner wing next to the battery,about 4" long and 1 round with two yellow wires, disconnect this and see what happens.

You dont have a uprated loom fitted do you?

Was just asking about uprated loom as they cause many problems,the ballast causes the headlights to come on dim when switched to sidelights but i have had them cause the lights to stay permanently dim, disconnecting it removes it from the circuit,im assuming you have checked the fuses etc?

this wont help as you have an electrical fault and i suspect a poor earth,try to substitute an earth to the effected headlight and see what happens.

You say both headlights are dim,have they always been like this or just happened?

so there is nothing wrong with it :lol: sounds normal,in this case an uprated loom is probably best as they are poop.

But it still sounds like your passenger side has a poor earth.

got problem on nearside sorted....fuse 11 controls this and the main beam light on the dash!!!????how strange to just do that on one fuse.....