Sign in to follow this  
lewisjr

20v turbo engine management

hi all i am after some help with what engine management to use on my 20v turbo conversion 180bhp from a cupra,I am thinkng megasquirt not qpeng as its a lot cheeper,what parts would i need to get it running and i am thinking its a pain to setup :mad2: thanks all

you get what you pay for as the saying goes check out dta, emerald,or stick with qpeng for ease.not a big fan of mega squirt, depends alot on budget what are you aiming for????

also dont disregard standard management as i know of a seat cupra running 500bhp with custom remap although engine was pretty mental :D

Agreed. If you're only wanting

For big turbo conversions etc on the 1.8T I would personally go DTA as there are plenty of maps around for it and the ECU has built-in settings for that engine too, and it's easier to get the power that ME7.

Hi mate i run q peng on mine and im considering moving over to the standard management but i like the idea of dta. Im considering a turbo on mine in the future and think it would be easier to tune running dta or standard management as i dont know of many places that can map the qpeng ecu's depends what you goals and budget are as mentioned already

Funny you say that,dta is what I got to go on mine. Thought it would make more sense than keep

Having it remapped all the time :D

Remapped ME7 would get my vote. You just need the immobiliser defeat done IIRC, and an converter for the engine speed signal (be it CAN or signal amplifier)