Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hanlon 88

need info on g60 charger

Hey im new to the forum

My first ever VW is a G60 corrado :notworthy:

its done 124k and ive no proof of the charger being reconditioned so ive started to remove it to have it rebuilt,

id be greatfull to know where the best recommended place to have it sent, as id like it to get port + polish work done too,

also wud be great to hear of any mods or things too tinker with to make better or possible probs too look out for,

been mechanic for 5 years so i know the basiscs "i hope", and this is now my 6th car in 4 years hopefully i dont get bored as quickly this time,

Hello m8, my guess is you're about to have 50 replies saying G-Werks and 5 saying Jabba Sports :?

Personally I wouldnt let anyone touch my charger but G-Werks. Check out their website, Darren there is Mr G60 :notworthy: and does just about every mod you could want.

G-Werks or do it yourself if you fancy a challenge!

I did mine following some slight instructions from golf+ mag, not too hard but tricky for your first attempt

hey thanks for the quick replys, your pretty confident with G werks and thats what i need is confidence in a company so ill give G werks a call and arange to send it down,

how long roughly dose it take is it about a week or two?

also is it really worth putting a smaller pulley on and a new chip or dose the engine need to be uprated to cope with more boost,

and what about removing the boost return pipe i hear its better for the charger but i not got a clue, prob just folk that want a dump valve

Also id rebuild it myself but as its never been off since 1992 when it was built id rather a pro rebuilds it first incase im to miss anything but was great fun to remove, my fave part is when you need to remove the box on the rear and the bolts are rounded over and u need to use the easy outs and theres no space for the rachet or your hands prob took me 3 hours to remove the charger, intercooler, pipes and throttle body not bad, be half the time to refit i hope,

Boost return is a good mod for the noise, it really doesn't do anything for charger just remember to lube with White grease ask about it at g-Werks ;)

You don't need to mod engine, just get a pulley and chip to match it, g-Werks can provide these too. If you do though get an RSR outlet as extra boost will blow standard baffle box

Exellant stuff :D

with the chip and pulley is it it still quite eco on light throttle

what mods is ther for the boost return and how do you go about the return valve on the throttle body

and where can i find an rsr outlet ?

1. Send charger to Gwerks for full blend service

2. Order rsr outlet, 65 or 68mm pulley and chip from Gwerks

3. Order full stainless exhaust and Decat from Gwerks

4. Ask for forum discount on the whole lot

5. Refit everything once it's returned

6. Drive 500 miles off boost to bed the charger in

7. Find a 'private' road

8. Floor it!

9. Try and wipe that stupid smile of your face..

wow i love those steps :D

it has a magnex Cat back system and also a Unknown DE-Cat atm,

Whats the best service on the charger i was thinking of stage 5, i have the charger with 6 fins on the outlet is it part of the stage 5 service to remove 3 of them and knife edge the other 3 or do you need to ask for this?

also thanks for the reply really has backed me up on sending charger to Gwerks

Also do you get forum discount???

wow i love those steps :D

it has a magnex Cat back system and also a Unknown DE-Cat atm,

Whats the best service on the charger i was thinking of stage 5, i have the charger with 6 fins on the outlet is it part of the stage 5 service to remove 3 of them and knife edge the other 3 or do you need to ask for this?

also thanks for the reply really has backed me up on sending charger to Gwerks

Also do you get forum discount???

Cool.. you can remove step 3 then!

Theres no need to remove the three fins.. Its unlikely this would be done unless asked for.. but yes, stage 5 is the one to go for.

Standard forum discount with Gwerks is 5% on all parts and service work, but i'd make contact and see if they'll do a deal because of the amount you'd be buying..

[Re: need info on g60 charger

New postby psiburr » 02.09.2010, 23:12

I did a 4 hour round trip and waited while it was done :) mines my daily so nooo way I can do without.]

just out of interest how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking cus mine a daily too and ive got like 8k miles left before a 30 k service

cheers stu ...

Yea cool ill get the stage 5 and the rsr plus the samco hose kit seen as mine are perished, and ill ask about discount seeing as its going to come to £860

this is also my daily car tho im using dads crv atm, its great being 21 and driviing around a g60 it turns everyones head, i havnt seen one at all other than mine, i would wait for it but im too far away, :(

its great being 21 and driviing around a g60 it turns everyones head, i havnt seen one at all other than mine, i would wait for it but im too far away, :(

Amen. I'm in the exact same situation as you, just wished i lived closer to G-werks so I can drive in and have the charger rebuilt. Guess i'll be cycling to work for a while some time soon :(

its great being 21 and driviing around a g60 it turns everyones head, i havnt seen one at all other than mine, i would wait for it but im too far away, :(

Amen. I'm in the exact same situation as you, just wished i lived closer to G-werks so I can drive in and have the charger rebuilt. Guess i'll be cycling to work for a while some time soon :(

you can run a g without a charger. i use mine as my daily so couldnt have it not running. much better on petrol without the charger too.

Takes about 2-2.5 hours to drive to Gwerks.. I drove down there first time mine was done.

Leave at 7.30, Get there for 10am.. See the snack man, make the boys a cuppa and stop past gun wharf in Portsmouth on the way home to buy cheap stuff!

Perfect day!

i live just outside Kelso in Scottish borders so im about 5 hours away i think but im just away to call gwerks now and arange to send my charger away and get the rsr outlet and the samco hoses too Stage 5 here i come, woo 8)

Boost return delete is easy, you can simply cover the other side or use an SWG twin intake. Isv and cam breather just use little k&n filters, valve on bottom of throttle body just leave open to atmosphere, iv fitted the little elbow from the boost return pipe and just pointed it towards firewall, makes a nice noise coming off throttle ;)

Where can i get the 2 gaskets for the throttle body, no local parts companys have anythin for this car,

and ill maby remove the boost return after ive run in the charger ill mab make my own system so that the charger still gets a small amount of breather oil but no return pressure,

dont use white grease.

ptfe lubricant is what you need (i use ambersil). a good spray of it every 1k is fine.

Sound as, im well lookin fwd to getting it back on the road ive got about 10 days untill i get supercharger back from gwerks they also need to order the rsr kit and the samco hoses and the hoses will take 4 to 6 weeks so ill make do with my old ones untill they arrive not like it will blow them if i cant use much boost for 500 miles or so plenty time for the hoses to arive in time for givin it a blast or as i like to say ....... GEE IT LALDY .......