Sign in to follow this  
krnau

what's this small ¿pipe?

Isnt it the fuel neck drain pipe,for fuel or water gathered at the petrol cap?

no, not for this. the fuel drainer is in the inner section of the wheel arch.

this pipe that you can see in the pic is on the other side of the car too :confused4:

Its the back right sunroof drain pipe, there's one on the rear left side as well, plus the fronts come down the windscreen pillars into the wheel arches behind the mud sheilds at the rear end of the front wings.

I extended mine with ribbed piping lapped over the ends from B&Q to flash the water off the bodywork directly onto the ground.

Its the back right sunroof drain pipe, there's one on the rear left side as well, plus the fronts come down the windscreen pillars into the wheel arches behind the mud sheilds at the rear end of the front wings.

I extended mine with ribbed piping lapped over the ends from B&Q to flash the water off the bodywork directly onto the ground.

hmmmm so if I remove the roof stripes I'd see some kind of hole or something that connects to these pipes?

btw.. if I remove the roof strips... will I be able to put them back again, or will they die in process? Mine are really hard, they don't look bendable at all :sleeping:

No, if you want to get at that end in the roof, you will need to drop the roof liner inside the Corrado.

(Roof strips - Taking them off should be done slowly and steadily to avoid kinking. The very rear end bit is a separate part (clipped in) to the main strip.

You can soften the roof strips by pouring very hot water onto them away from the Corrado to help before refitting. [Wouldn't do this for removal but you might try a small hand towel soaked in hot water, then squeezed to remove excess water and then popped into a leak proof shopping bag to heat up sections as you lift it free of the roof.]

The retained heat will be enough to aid removal/refitting before they become hard again. Being carefull not to scald yourself of course.)

hmmmm so if I remove the roof stripes I'd see some kind of hole or something that connects to these pipes?

No. Those pipes lead up through the body to the sunroof assembly, from all four wheel arch areas. They're there to drain water away that collects in the sunroof area. If you slide the sunroof back you should be able to get to the other end of the pipe. They don't appear under the roof strips.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

Just spotted you don't have a sunroof? Interesting. Your pipes must be redundant then. :lol:

Pretty certain they don't appear under those roof strip though.