Sign in to follow this  
j77all

MFA not working

My mfa on a 92 16v is not working , tried the battery way, looked to see that the connection is in .The clock works and the MFA 2 lcd is on but won't scroll through or move to MFA 1 any further ideas the sensors are are all connected in the engine bay .

Hi mate, i have exactly the same fault and have done all the same checks on the connections and even tried fitting a replacement stalk that i tested working on the donor car but to no avail. Can you please tell me fella what you mean by "the battery way"? As i've not heard of this fix.

Cheers - Ed

Hello

I also have this fault I have tried replacing the stalk and clocks, neither of these have worked. I have also checked the sensors which all seem to be connected correctly in the engine bay. Sorry I can't be any help, if you find out whats causing it let me know because i'm not sure what to try next!

Cheers

Scott :salute:

Hi mate, i have exactly the same fault and have done all the same checks on the connections and even tried fitting a replacement stalk that i tested working on the donor car but to no avail. Can you please tell me fella what you mean by "the battery way"? As i've not heard of this fix.

Cheers - Ed

hi there on another thred it was suggested to remove the battery terminals from the battery for a hour or so then touch the two connections togther before re attching to the battery , have a vw master tech as a mate and he said this can work and is somtimes a good starting point , the MFA chip can hold static and this clears it , not in my case good luck with yours

cheers-JIM

Well i don't want to rub salt in the wound mate, but i'm happy as a pig in the "proverbial" 10 months i've had this car and the MFA has never even showed a hint of wanting to play along and now simple a fix like that has cured it.

To show my gratitude i'd like to offer you for free the spare mfa stalk i have that came off a mk3 golf gti, the wording is slightly faded and the wire's will need to be block connected but i know it works fine. Yours if you give me the word mate.

Ed.