Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

They scratched my car when they towed it..

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. A couple of weeks ago my car was towed from my street which I have permit to park in. I was parked in the pay&display area which is a heinous crime punishable with £250 fine rather than the pay and display & pemit holders area which is perfectly legal :(

Well I'm a reformed charachter now so have accepted my fine but...

when they towed my car they scratched the front right wing near the wheel arch. (see pic) This I will not accept. The car is slighty scuffed on the front bumper due to being a 'london car' and I was planning on getting it repainted if I sell the car. The panel that they scratched was unblemished. :mad:

So what do I do next? I have been told to write to the pond manager and explain the problem. I guess I will give them two weeks to respond and them take them to the small claims court. Problem is they marked the scratch in the recovery sheet so I don't know if I can prove that they did it. I DO know that they did it though as I know all the scratches after washing the car the week before.

Can anyone give me a reasonable quote (max estimate) to get the panel resprayed. Also a good outfit in the London area would be helpful.

Cheers :D

I would have thought that as it's marked on their paperwork it'd be your word against their evidence... which we all know they changed afterwards, b**tards :mad:

was reading an article in Auto Express (28 jan spevial) about smart (small and medium repair techniques) they treat anything from fag burns to small dents and scratches maybe these guys might be able to offer some help... I've never used them myself but the article makes them look like a good low cost solution - it's just a shame that you should have to pay :(

Here's contact details for a couple on the list in the mag

A1 Dents Ltd: dent removal (London based)

020 8845 0502 or 07989 746895

http://www.ukdents.com

Ashford international: All repairs

01784 888610

http://www.itelligentrepairs.com

Hope this helps

Phil

I will be sueing them.. just because I don't like them not because I'm petty.

I am hoping someone might have already done this. As stated it will be my word against theirs and they will probably be a lot more prepared than me.. :(