alex202mm

blowing fuses

hi all , have a 1994 2l16v both the horn and radiator run on are on the same 10 amp fuse ,the horn will stop working but the radiator will run on after the car is turned off, i replace the fuse but will blow after a short time, how does the run on work with a blown fuse ? any ideas on how to sort the problem would be much appreciated ...Alex

Welcome to the forum...

Fuse 13 and they are the only 2 components on that circuit so I'd say the rad fan is on it''s way out - as electric motors fail they draw more current.

You could maybe try a 15A to test but if it blows this then you really need to try another fan I'd say.

Sorry just re-read your first post - hmmm maybe it only triggers the run on of the fan

The Fan is controlled by a black box mounted near the washer bottle so I suppose that could be faulty - maybe try unplugging stuff to narrow down what is causing the fuse to blow.

Ive got the same problem :( 15amp fuse doesnt work just keeps blowing on me. I will have a tinker I hope i can sort it as the horn does come in rather handy

i have fuse 14 that blows continuously the one for the elec windows and door mirror. I thought i had identified the issue with a worn cable in the door which goes to the mirror controls. However, after repairing and insulating, the fuse blows immediately the ignition is turned, suggesting a direct short somewhere. Anywhere else to look?

I will be removing the relay panel to see if there is anything going on there.

Incidentally, i removed the window switch, the mirror switch and the two-pin power to the window motor and it still shorted, so i dont think the window circuit is at fault