Sign in to follow this  
Chaffy

I think I need to sort out my headlights...

What do u mean? U can quite clearly, easily, see the white lines in the road when they're within 2metres of the car! :lol:

Lol, dunno why I noticed this but at 51s in, there's a tree which looks like a sock puppet, and at 54s in, a tree that looks like a pig! :lol:

Well, to me it does anyways - maybe it's time for bed after an exhausting wknd... :?

Bi zenons chap,

Dont bother with the uprated headlight loom mod (even though ive had it and it makes a huge difference), the Bi Zenon kits come with a loom/fuse/relays that take current direct from the battery so neagates the uprated loom mod and is around the same price + you need to buy uprated headlight bulbs.

Best mod especially if your car is a daily driver like mine is and you start work at 6am 13 miles away through lanes!!

Lol, dunno why I noticed this but at 51s in, there's a tree which looks like a sock puppet, and at 54s in, a tree that looks like a pig! :lol:

Haha! I actually see what you mean!

Bi zenons chap,

Dont bother with the uprated headlight loom mod (even though ive had it and it makes a huge difference), the Bi Zenon kits come with a loom/fuse/relays that take current direct from the battery so neagates the uprated loom mod and is around the same price + you need to buy uprated headlight bulbs.

Best mod especially if your car is a daily driver like mine is and you start work at 6am 13 miles away through lanes!!

Cheers for the advice I'll check them out, are they easy enough to fit etc compared to just the uprated loom? Are there hidden costs like hugely expensive replacement bulbs?

dude, is your camera in the grill ?

Its mounted using really strong tape to the underside of the nearside towing eye cover.

Dude you know there are coppers that use this forum right.... Be careful what you post and obviously get your lights sorted quick! :lol:

Dude you know there are coppers that use this forum right.... Be careful what you post and obviously get your lights sorted quick! :lol:

The lights are getting sorted asap! But I've got nothing to worry about, my car's all legal....its just has corrado lights! :lol:

Cheers!

But you need to strip the lights down first and just send them the reflectors only, give them a ring to discuss costs etc.

Will it make that much of a difference to the brightness? I'm planning on getting an uprated loom and new bulbs anyway.

Depends how bad a state it's in really, cleaning the inside of the headlight lense will make difference and a set of refurbished reflectors will help too.

I've tried uprated loom and bulbs and it's a great improvement. Think I'm going to invest in an HID kit for this winter though as my loom was pretty unreliable at times.

Just got to find a good HID kit now lol, anyone recommend one?

I've tried uprated loom and bulbs and it's a great improvement. Think I'm going to invest in an HID kit for this winter though as my loom was pretty unreliable at times.

Where did you get your loom from?

Just got to find a good HID kit now lol, anyone recommend one?

I sell HID kits, really cheap. As per not to fill this thread with spam ( :lol: ), I'll pm you the details.

My very bad headlights. :lol:

You need to buy uprated candles. Try yankee candles - they're much better!

:lol:

Joking aside, an uprated loom and phillips xtreme bulbs has given me more than enough light for little cost. I'm sure they are brilliant, but xenons are so irritating for other road users I don't think i could bear to fit them. A range rover once forgot to turn off his xenon [strike:25q4mjup]laser[/strike:25q4mjup] main beams and I swear I couldn't see a thing for ages - I had to pull over.

Really, xenons have no place outside of a rally stage - admit it, as effective as they are you don't NEED that much light at normal-ish road speeds!!

If you fit HIDS you need to get a proper reflector and lense for them; if you don't then you will get too much beam spray and blind other road users.

Frankly a set of the Max Pooer named Xtreme Philips bulbs make a world of difference as does stripping your headlights down and cleaning the inside of the lense.

I think an uprated loom and new bulbs and maybe a cheeky clean is the way i'm gonna go.

I know what you mean about xenons...they are well annoying! I wouldn't want to be that guy.