Sign in to follow this  
hombre_paulo

Restoring Headlights

Tried searching but couldn't find anything relevant.

My headlights, fogs and indicators are starting to look their age. Does anyone have any good tips for bringing their shine back?

For the headlights it is amasing how mucky the inside of the lenses can have got in 15+ years. Splitting them (as per the wiki guide) and cleaning the inside of the glass can make quite a difference. Take care not to touch the silver reflective bit though.

you can wipe down the silver reflective bits too but DONT use any products on them! I ruined one of my foglights cleaning them with some glass cleaner... :gag: it took the silvering right off in one smooth move, that was an expensive mistake :roll:

I don't know about the early style but late ones can not be split (without breaking then glueing back together which is what some people do to put a replacement lense on a fog). Search on replacement fog lenses and see what has already been said.

I've never heard of doing similar with indicators.

i want some spare old kacka early headlight lenses so i can have ago at wet flatting an buffing them,if anyones got some they dont want an would like to donate for me to practice on :)