Sign in to follow this  
vagingit.co.uk

SNS 5.5 chip any good?

Would this chip be fine running a 68mm pulley and standard charger and injectors?

You really need to know what pulley/injector size the 5.5 chip was written for. If it is mapped for larger injectors your fueling will be out on full throttle, not good. I have an SNS 5.5 here that is programmed for a 65mm pulley and red top injectors with fuel pressure at 3 bar. One thing im pretty sure of is that all 5.5 chips are for 3 bar fpr, earlier versions needed a 3.5 bar fpr.

yeah as said you really need to know what it is you have , theres green /grey/red injectors commonly in use , then the fpr issue and many differant pully sizes

will run bad possibly causing damage if you use the wrong combo

Drop sns an email with the code that is written on the top of the chip, they will tell you exactly what your chip is programmed for. Simples :salute:

Drop sns an email with the code that is written on the top of the chip, they will tell you exactly what your chip is programmed for. Simples :salute:

this is what I was thinkng, nice one, thanks

I must admit, it was an impulse buy, didnt think to check what it had been mapped for in the first place, chers for the advice

yes each chip is mapped differently according to your setup.

I have sns stage 4, 5, 5.1 and my current one is a 5.5

it needs 94 octane, 65mm, 3 fpr, green top injectors, cam, and free flow exhaust.

I'm going to sell off the other chips if any interests

Sorry for the thread-jack but corradog60stage4 did you notice much difference with the Anti-Lag code on the stg5 chip? because I haven't really noticed much difference but then I did have a 68mm pulley and rsr outlet etc fitted at the same time, the car absolutely flys now but I cant say I really noticed a throttle lag problem in the first place

Sorry for the thread-jack but corradog60stage4 did you notice much difference with the Anti-Lag code on the stg5 chip? because I haven't really noticed much difference but then I did have a 68mm pulley and rsr outlet etc fitted at the same time, the car absolutely flys now but I cant say I really noticed a throttle lag problem in the first place

before i went with sns i had the neuspeed stage 3 and that switch they had to compensate for the lag was not good. but after i upgraded the to sns with the anti lag it was a noticeable difference.