Sign in to follow this  
_Meth

removing sunroof liner...

Hi, before anyone shouts I have done a search but keep finding confilicting information...

Ive done the headliner - easy as. However im unsure about the sunroof liner...

The way i understand it is that there is a plate that has the white liner material on and this can be removed... can this be done without taking the headliner out again? and without removing the sunroof?

One post suggests it just slides backwards and out - another suggests removing the whole sunroof complete...

Its an early 16v if that helps?

Cheers!

sunroof cassette out im afrid matey.

easy though can be done by yourself undo all the bolts bar one of the front centerish ones then undo that but take the weight as is quite heavy...

the sunroof panel just slides out the back no problem!

I also read somewhere on here that suggests pulling it back to unclip, and gradually rotating it 90 degrees, then it just pretty much slides out.

I've tried this and it is pretty much true, not too hard to get back in, but it is a bit awkward and can sometimes need a fair bit of fiddling.

But it works :) For me, at least.

Ok tried this last night, cant for the life of me see how it all goes back together now tho.

Got the panel off that I wanted to re-cover but as a result the surrond (bit that goes into the roof) also needs recovering as its all fallen off!

So I now have no idea what im going to do, going to lift off the top panel tonight and hope I can work it out from above but not holding out much hope. Realy dont want to have to take out the headlining again!

I saw last night amongst my searching a PDF guide to repairing sunroof motors and it was awsome, but I cant find it anymore - also there is a lot of people talking about a guide on the wiki - that I also cannot find!

Anyone able to help??

Right, i sorted it - there is a very easy way of doing all this.

I will post up a decent how-to after the weekend. It will make this whole thing very easy for people!

Right, i sorted it - there is a very easy way of doing all this.

I will post up a decent how-to after the weekend. It will make this whole thing very easy for people!

Looking forward to this....

I will be doing it all again in a couple of days time.

So will get some photo's and job my memory and post up a guide of how I did it then :)