Sign in to follow this  
bsvr6

Tyre sizes for Porsche D90's..?

Ive just bought a set of nice 16'' porsche d90s wheels all are in pretty good nick but the tyres they have come with are far too big to put under the coilovered C Im putting them on

This topic has probably been covered but..I was just wondering what you guys think the correct size/dimension tyre would be for front and back considering the followin requirements,

Fronts 6J wide

Rears 8J wide

'want the car to have a poked,wide look but not to rub, also bearing in mind I dont intend to have any of the arches rolled,

and I want to try and avoid the ''rubber band'' look of very low profile tyres although this isnt a priority

Im thinking about getting 35mm adapters at the front so wheels stick out as far as possible, is this the right way to go? and about 25mm rear?

I dont know the offsets of the wheels but I was hoping that your knowledge base would help me identify them! ive heard that theyr both something like 50+ET ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated :salute:

i have D90's on mine 7's up front and 8'son the rear. tyres are 205 40 16's on the fronts (but 215 at the mo due to a puncture!) and 215 40 16's on the rears

i have D90's on mine 7's up front and 8'son the rear. tyres are 205 40 16's on the fronts (but 215 at the mo due to a puncture!) and 215 40 16's on the rears

Are your arches rolled and suspension lowered? those sizes seem to indicate your tyres arent hat stretched?

yeah its lower than your nans t#ts!

dont think the arches are rolled never really looked at it that hard. the backs have a slight strech but the fronts not really. and now the 215's on the front dont have any stretch at all the tyres are on a par with the alloy.

what size addaptors you running?

i have a 7's n 8's waitin to go on i was thinkin of puttin 195 45 16 all round on and 30mm addaptors?

sorry adam but have no idea as to there size, your on about the width between the wheel and hub? i could try measure at some point.

dont think the arches are rolled never really looked at it that hard. the backs have a slight strech but the fronts not really. and now the 215's on the front dont have any stretch at all the tyres are on a par with the alloy.

Got any pics so I can see how your wheels sit and how the different size tyres look?

here are some pics for you the first 3 are of the backs. 8 inch with 215 40 16's on. the next 3 are the fronts. 7 inch with 215 40 16's.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf113_0348.JPG[/attachment:1kppc3yu]

you can see a slight strech

Corrado92.pdf113_0349.JPG[/attachment:1kppc3yu]

and slight bit of the the wheel pokin out

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf113_0350.JPG[/attachment:1kppc3yu]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf113_0351.JPG[/attachment:1kppc3yu]

no strecth at all

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf113_0353.JPG[/attachment:1kppc3yu]

no wheel pokin out

113_0352...JPG[/attachment:1kppc3yu]

Got 195/40's on my full set of 8's. Defo the way to go.

i fancy gettin 8's for the front. 194 40's would give a bit of strecth :D

Cheers Si things are a bit clearer in my head now after seein the pics! Il probably go for a little more stretch so Il run 205/40 or 45/16s all round after Ive finishd buying adapters refurbing wheels etc Il take a few pics and show you the results of my effort...watch the space!

here are some pics for you the first 3 are of the backs. 8 inch with 215 40 16's on. the next 3 are the fronts. 7 inch with 215 40 16's.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf113_0348.JPG[/attachment:zhskdy15]

you can see a slight strech

Corrado92.pdf113_0349.JPG[/attachment:zhskdy15]

and slight bit of the the wheel pokin out

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf113_0350.JPG[/attachment:zhskdy15]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf113_0351.JPG[/attachment:zhskdy15]

no strecth at all

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf113_0353.JPG[/attachment:zhskdy15]

no wheel pokin out

113_0352...JPG[/attachment:zhskdy15]

Got 195/40's on my full set of 8's. Defo the way to go.

i fancy gettin 8's for the front. 194 40's would give a bit of strecth :D

What wheel bolts do you use? have you got to get longer ones, ie what length? would you have to get longer locking nuts aswel? :scratch: any help appreciated

Cheers

I have D90's 7 at front and 8 at rear and i am using 195/45/16s. The rears are stretched but the fronts arnt. Will get a few pics up to show you.

i would guess they would have to match the wheel and the adapators would have the thread holes drilled to match the porsche nuts.

what brand are your rear tyres???? ive found some brands of the same width tyre are actually wider than some!?! i.e falkens have more stretch than michelins...