Sign in to follow this  
tjw199

Air box help

Advice needed please!

I'm fitting an original air box in place of a cone filter and it seems that the air intake is very tight against the back of the headlight - is there enough room to get sufficient air in? ALso, what clips/screws do i need to use to attach the air flow meter to the air box.

Any help is greatly received.

Cheers

ive not got a vr6 so cant help realy.my 16 valve airbox is close to the light tho,i would just get the complete thing off a breaker

its supposed to be that tight, the intake to the iarbox takes supply from around the headlight, you should have a plastic plate that sits inbetween too.

fixing is a sinle screw and hose clamps

Thanks Aide,

The air box and air flow meetr seem to have some kind of provision for a screw and lug - there is no way to use a hose clamp as it is all solid plastic.

Any ideas?

Relocate the carbon canister to behind the cross member and drill a hole in the space where it used to be through the airbox. Gives a nice cold air feed from inside the wing away from the heat of the engine bay...