eck

spoiler??

I guess this has be asked quite a few times just got my corrado 1,8 16v on a H,reg and the rear tail gate spoiler only works on the switch, what do i need to check or replace to make it work as it should??

A few things to check....

1) Fuses S15 15amps & S21 15amps -

2) The speed sender wire is also used for the spoiler, obviously to trigger it to move with speed of the Corrado but the wire also tees off into the radio to provide a speed signal for VW radio volume control. make sure a blue with white stripe wire at the radio slot is hanging loose and not connected to the electric aerial up/down wire of the radio set.

3) The spoiler control module inside the dash behind the headlight switch is either broken or missing.

4) The speed sender in the instruments unit is not working. Known as G54. Part number 357 907 345A if it is still available. I'm assuming the original instruments are still fitted, ie. mechanical odometer/trip rather than small LCD unit.

A few things to check....

4) The speed sender in the instruments unit is not working. Known as G54. Part number 357 907 345A if it is still available. I'm assuming the original instruments are still fitted, ie. mechanical odometer/trip rather than small LCD unit.

Do you know if a 94 VR has a similar speed sender in the dash? I know it has a gearbox speed sensor.

Gearbox sender replaces. Route is into the instruments, then out again on a different wire blue/white stripe. Drives the speedo on the way thro'. So if the speedo is working, there is a signal from the gearbox sender. There is, unlike the anologue early C's speedo, a terminal splitter of the instrument feed to the radio, spoiler controller and engine ECU.

The splitter is above the fuse/relay plate. 4 wires, white/bluestripe (spoiler controller), blue/white stripe x 3 -

instruments feed, radio and engine ECU.

So for a later LCD odometer instruments:

1), 2) & 3) above still apply as written

4) is now.... is the speedo working? - no, look at gearbox sender.