Sign in to follow this  
vrg60

Build help!

So a long story short, I started with a 1990 G60, the motor blew and the car sat for awhile. Then a "friend" said he could help me build it, and suggested we do a vr6 swap into it. I didn't know much about everything then so I agreed after he said he could do it. I've now been left with a franken-raddo. It has a vr6 sub frame and has most everything swapped to vr6. The wiring is not complete and the motor needs to be replaced along with the computer system. I took it to 2 shops in Boise Idaho and they say it's to big of a job for them to take on and don't want to do the job. I'm looking for any and all suggestions on how I could get my car back to running strong. It's my first car and it holds a lot of sentimental value to me so I would really like to get it back to working order.

-Steve

Have a little sift through this link,

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5880

fitting a vr is realy simple, pretty much all spanner work and a few wires to plug in provided you have everything all the parts needed, unlike on mk2s you won't have to ding the chassis leg for the pulleys, and your pedal box set up cable change set up and brakes, can remain as it is.

Thanks for the help. So would my best bet be to just pull the motor and go find a new one that has the wiring harness and ecu with it? If so where would be a good place to start looking? Also, if you pull a motor and wiring harness and ecu from a car other than a corrado would you be able to get everything to work like the wing and heated seats?