Pete

Pete's VR - SOLD

He said things like the slam panel and door jamb stickers would be really tricky to sort out and thought it was for the best. At which point I chickened out lol

He said things like the slam panel and door jamb stickers would be really tricky to sort out and thought it was for the best. At which point I chickened out lol

i'm sure there is a place that you can buy very very good copies of the stickers from, and fitting coilovers is p easy mate.

Do you know where?

I'll get the paint done first, then I think I'll finally tackle the suspension and exhaust...

Well to update the car should be going in the tail end of next week for it's respray, but I'm still umming and ahhing about swapping from flash to tornado or even the audi misano red...

Also picking up some new seats this afternoon :)

It's booked in for next monday can't wait! Also been working on a solution for the rubbish heater illuminations. Can't give too much away in case it doesn't turn out that well but early indications are it looks fantastic, dims with the other lights and gives the same LED clarity you get with modern cars - has real potential ;)

Edited by Pete

Car is going in tomorrow morning, and finally I've decided to stick to the flash red. All Ive done this weekend is ogle at tornado red Fox's, Flash Polo's and Brilliant red Audi's!!!!!

Am I right in thinking the rear badges which look a bit tired can be sprayed up easy enough?

Yep, they can be colour-coded pretty simply. Black badges look good on the red 8)

Good luck with it- when will it be ready? Dropped mine off yesterday- pretty nervous TBH!

I'm the same, although I know people who have used the bodyshop I haven't before so always a little bit daunting. The wok they are doing there is frankly incredible though so I'm confident.

They will do the rear badges in silver for me, black is ok but I find the black/red badges hard to read lol. Must be my age...

Hoping it'll be ready next week but I'm happy to wait to be honest.

Been to see the car and it's near the end of the prep phase - really happy with the time they are taking over the car though. I should have taken some by the time I'd left as the rear windscreen was out by then and the front was on it's way out too so there'll be no tape lines or overspray I hope.

Also really chuffed to see underneath the paint the metal is all good and solid and there have been no repairs made before my ownership - phew! :)

Should have it back next Wed/Thursday with my Weitec adjustables on too.

I'm looking for some new rear badges to freshen up the rear, VW have my a Corrado on order but I need a VR6 as obsolete - anyone...??????

Edited by Pete

Door rubbers yes they said they are taking "everything" off.

Re the rear 1/4s they said they are taking them out on the outside but Im not sure on the inside as it means removal of all the interior trim etc. I thought the windows might have been bonded in which would have made it a git of a job???

Door rubbers yes they said they are taking "everything" off.

Re the rear 1/4s they said they are taking them out on the outside but Im not sure on the inside as it means removal of all the interior trim etc. I thought the windows might have been bonded in which would have made it a git of a job???

be prepared to replace the door scrapper seals as they nearly always bend when coming out, rear windows need to be cut out from the inside and bonded back in..I took the trim out myself and the garage charged me £60 for a fitter to remove and refit.

Didn't mention it though they can do that kind of thing in-house I believe. I just gave them a bentley manual and said ring me if you get stuck lol.

I think it'll look much nicer having the windows out and done properly

Edited by Pete

Right car is back and looks fab, too dark for pics though but I have an alarm issue. I set it but the doors won't lock and there's a long groan from the back near the petrol cap. I've locked it with the key tonight but dunno what to do....? Help!!!!!!!!

Exciting times!

Sounds like the pump is on it's way out. It's situated in the boot, kinda near the petrol flap area. It's in a spongy case on the o/s under the side carpet IIRC. They turn up on Ebay quite regularly: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/corrado-central-locking-pump-/250921426274?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6c151d62#ht_500wt_1202

Cheers, don't know why though cos it was fine when I dropped it off. they did say the battery went flat and it needed jumping but that's it?

Right this morning the drivers door is working ok but the passenger door won't budge. Using the key in the passenger door works the CL fine, but the key is incredibly stiff to turn. Might there be something I can adjust in the door lock that may have been over tightened???

Right here are some pics taken with my phone... Still got to fit the splitter and coilovers, so looks super OEM now bar the removal of the side strips!!!

Still can't get the C/Locking back to life on the passenger door though so ordered a new pump and if that wont work I'll buy another door pump. The key on the drivers side is as stiff as anything!

Edited by Pete

Looking good! Very jealous! :)

Did you have to get new window seals and did they manage to use the same ones?

They had to do some cutting on the inside of the rear windows but they went back in and resealed them. The rest of the rubbers they just pulled off and reattached I think. I didn't pay for any in any event :D

My camera really doesn't do it justice though.

More pics when the sun finally came out today!

Still can't do it justice with my phone though, I need a camera for Christmas lol.

Edited by Pete

Looks really good.its surprising how much cleaner it looks without the rubbing strips ! are you keeping them off ?

All it needs is a shiny tailpipe ! lol

Still running the OEM exhaust though I'd be tempted with somethin fruity at the right price. I'll keep the strips off for now at least, they need cleaning up as we had to cut the foam pads off them but I could always fit them back later. At the moment though I really like it cleaned up :)