Sign in to follow this  
jgcable

Horsepower estimate

Hello everybody. Newbie here. I just got a 1990 Corrado G60 that has had a ton of upgrades to it. Everything from a Stage 4 supercharger to Bilstein PSS9 coil overs to Borla exhaust to chromed Porsche Phonedials.

Anyway, can anybody tell me what kind of HP I am looking at with the following done to the motor and exhaust? Thanks!

I know this is subjective but I would like to get an estimate of how much HP my car is putting out.

The car seems to be pretty darn fast to me. Between 4K and 6K rpms it pulls extremely hard and doesn't let up. The previous owner told me the car is putting out 160hp at the wheels but it certainly seems much much more than that to me. From what I read online, a supercharger ported to stage 3 and a stage 3 chip is between 215-235hp at the crank. I don't know how that translates to the wheels but my car is stage 4. Any comments are appreciated.

Here are the specs...

1990 Volkswagon Corrado G60

114K miles

5spd

Supercharger ported to Stage 4 by kompressorkanada. Puts out 15lbs of boost at 6K

RSR supercharger Outlet

SNS Stage 4 chip

68mm Pulley

3.5 bar FPR

260/268 cam

ISV Re-route

Vac line minimized

Euro manual belt conversion

K&N filter

I had one that was similar to yours, it was putting out 207, i would say yours is probs somewhere between 200 to 210

yep sounds about right i rolling roaded mine at 168 bhp @wheels

with a simliar spec but havent got the cam on so yours having a cam on you might get 175 -170 at wheels

noticed youve got a isv reroute i though that was a bad thing as the boost cant dump if needed by the ecu ??

im sure someone will point me out as right or wrong

stu ...