Sign in to follow this  
Jop

How much paint is too much paint?

I've been looking for a 'rado to spend my insurance money on for a few weeks but have yet to find anything I like. I'm after a late valver, have a budget of about £2000 and was hoping I'd get something pretty good for that but I'm struggling...

I've seen a couple that look pretty good at 1st but on closer inspection have had a lot of paint, am I expecting too much to want it to be on original paint and be in excellent condition for my budget?

Would you be overly put off by a car that's had a lot of paint done - or is it just me that think this massively devalues it?

Ta - John

they are old cars and if its had paint that would be expected but to notice its had paint work is a sure sign of poor work,maybe up your budget or keep looking.

Having paint work done is going to cost you and trying to match old and new paint is never going to work and your probably going to end off having a full shoot......£££

i think you will be hard pushed find a corrado which hasent had paint, the youngest corrado is now 15 year old.

keep looking around one will pop up,paint shouldnt stand out like a sore thumb, it took me a while to find a good bodyshop, im pleased to say the paint at kj rule and son in napean are top notch, if you ever need body and paint work.