C5 OEM

Sunroof seal fitting

Can't help you there. My Kippax does mine :luvlove:

But, from what I can see... after having removed the sunroof itself :eek: :shrug: it's a matter of pulling the old one off and pushing the new one one but it's a very firm fit and care needs to be taken not to damage the panel itself while applying enough force.

Is this the outer seal we are talking about?

I've been thinking about doing mine soon as it's pretty perished. I was thinking you'd be able to do it with the sunroof still in, using a combination of different angles of tilt?

got mine from TPS, they supply VW with parts direct. I get a discount as theres another vw group im a member off has agreed a deal. I can fish out the receipt if you like? Theres a picture on my gallery thread along with some other new bits.... Looks so much nicer, completely black and unperrished!

yea would be great to get rid of that old looking thing ill have a read of your thread now mate have a look and yea a price on one would be great

Don't forget to put the goo (not glue) in the seal gripping channel like we discussed at the Yorkie meeting Andy to stop the water running round the sunroof lid lip to the inside. I use brake caliper cylinder grease G 000 100 or Plastilube Brake Cylinder Lube as its a stiffer consistancy and does not easily move with water around. Or use VW's G 000 450 02 - Sunroof Grease.

But equally if you have the panel out, you may clean and regrease the sliding tracks with VW's sunroof grease G 000 450 02. Do not use ordinary grease after cleaning. The grease is VW part number G 000 450 02. £19.17 plus VAT. Expensive but experience has demonstrated axle grease etc, cause problems with load on the mechanism.

The seal will need to be cut to length so best to do a dry run and mark it. It contains a steel band so not easy to cut in situ but not hard either off the Corrado. Better to be a tad over in length and double check during the dry run that its home and firmly fitted before marking for the cut. The are not cheap so best to be sure.

Seal joint is to the middle of the right hand side short length.

yea would be great to get rid of that old looking thing ill have a read of your thread now mate have a look and yea a price on one would be great

Here you go mate

part no 321877209A £45.66 LESS DISCOUNT £42.01 PLUS VAT £49.36

So i take it like the mk2 its a case of removing the internal panel and unscrewing the panel off the runners then take the sunroof out and fit seal off the car...?

Yup, trick is getting the sunroof headlining back to gain access to the bolts.

You need to raise the sunroof a little bit, then push back hard on the lining on the sunroof!

Then you will be able to slide it into the roof cavity as if it was being slid back if you cant manage to do this you are too high with the roof and need to drop it a little more, it also helps to stand outside the car so you can push the lining down to clear the clips that the sunroof headlining slots into. :wink: