Sign in to follow this  
thenewguy

engine change

HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES posting.php?mode=post&f=1#

hi i have a 1990 1.8 16v corrado

the engine got VERY hot twice and am pretty sure the head has gone

anyway i have bought off the bay of e an engine advertised as a 1.8 16v KR engine

it turns out that its an 9A 1.8 16v

the only thing i can see thats different thus far is two sensors and the injection system has two extra pipes

does anyone know if it is atall possible to put a 9A engine a car that had a KR engine in. &

will i have to get a new ecu

any feedback would be really appreciated

many thanks.

woody

It is really, i'm not mechanically qualified and managed it. Well i put an abf head on a 9a and my dad is a mechanic so i could have always asked him for help if i got stuck. Just take photo's and if you have extra holes just plug a sensor in and don't wire it up to anything. (im sure someone will tell me im wrong now)

Don't take the head off the other engine just yet, if you think your head gasket has gone and are goin to gl to the trouble of swapping heads why not just take off your head and fit a new gasket and set of head bolts, chances are the head isn't too warped, an could be a Nice and easy cheap after noon fix

the 9a is a 2.0 version of the 1.8kr basically, an alternative to the above would be to use the 9a head and block as they are and gain alittle power n torque, run it all on your current injection system and wiring and ecu,

You could also give it a cheeky skim to make sure its flat and gain a little compression. Always a bonus unless you're boosting it.